OCTOBER HATCH-A-LONG!!! 2015

1 day to go and no pips at all yet as far as I can see..

I got an update this morning of the eggs I shipped, 29 of the 30 developed and 15 hatched, so a 50% hatch rate. She promised to send me some photos. I need more chickie photos to keep me going please!

Well I Went to bed with my little chickie that pipped the wrong end with antibacterial ointment on exposed membrane wrapped in a damp paper towel tomb expecting the worst. This morning I woke to this
my little malpositioned chick made it!!

Congrats! !!! Thats awesome :D and soo adorable too!

May I join? I put 8 Silkie fertilized eggs under two broody Silkies. They are due to hatch on Oct 23rd. This is their first time being broody and attempt to hatch babies. I'm so excited as this is also my first time letting my broody hens hatch their own babies. I hope it all goes well for them. They appear to be very dedicated to their job.

Welcome to the hatch-a-long! So glad you could join it.
Broody silkies are the best, and little silkie chicks are the cutest!

Well I Went to bed with my little chickie that pipped the wrong end with antibacterial ointment on exposed membrane wrapped in a damp paper towel tomb expecting the worst. This morning I woke to this my little malpositioned chick made it!!

Amazing! Are you going to name it?

1 day to go and no pips at all yet as far as I can see..

I got an update this morning of the eggs I shipped, 29 of the 30 developed and 15 hatched, so a 50% hatch rate. She promised to send me some photos. I need more chickie photos to keep me going please!

50% is great for shipping.
celebrate.gif

I will join. Just finished my Sept hatch. 6/25 quail eggs, with 5 of those going back to the egg donor, the other one was a late comer so I get to keep it. Chicken eggs from Sept have not hatched yet.3/12 still moving. Ordered more quail and chicken eggs and will set in a few days.

Such cute pics and exciting posts! I Candled today and 22 of the 24 are wiggling around perfectly! 2 were clear. My last batch of 9 are 3 weeks old.

Lots of chickies around here!

Back
Top Bottom