OCTOBER HATCH-A-LONG!!! 2015

Have a staggered hatch due to throwing three eggs from my hens when fired up incubator and put in the other 18 in 5 days later when arrived in the mail. Candled the three tonite see red veins and a spot does that mean are viable? Been in for seven days not counting
Day where put in since was late so counted
from next day for a full 24hrs
Yes, if you see veins they are viable. The dark spot is the eye forming. I've got almost the exact same situation. My hen decided the was not broody anymore.i have 4 eggs hatching this weekend and others hatching through Friday. Good luck!

Yes, if you see veins they are viable. The dark spot is the eye forming. I've got almost the exact same situation. My hen decided the was not broody anymore.i have 4 eggs hatching this weekend and others hatching through Friday. Good luck!

My next set of egss are due this Wednesday/Thursday. So looks like three of us on staggered hatch mode. :)

Calm down. I've had mine go over 110 a few time n a couple managed to survive.. just turn it to where it needs to be and keep an eye on it.

Thanks. Im trying lol its deiving me crazy because they are maran eggs and I cant see in them. I can make out veins in one nut the rest are just dark on half the egg. Idk what that means. And the rest are on day 8 and i cant see any veins or anything. Does that mean they arent growning? After this I did candle one of the quail eggs and it was moving instide there so I relaxed some.

Thanks. Im trying lol its deiving me crazy because they are maran eggs and I cant see in them. I can make out veins in one nut the rest are just dark on half the egg. Idk what that means. And the rest are on day 8 and i cant see any veins or anything. Does that mean they arent growning? After this I did candle one of the quail eggs and it was moving instide there so I relaxed some.

Try nor to worry too much! If it's day 8 and there is absolutely nothing in the egg then that's not a fertile egg. If there is veining then your on the right track.

Look at how fuzzy your little one is! Such a prettycolor! Is everyone hatched so far?
Last one is zipping out! Ahhh! I will post pics at the end. I now have blue, black and splashes! So excited because With the black and splash I will be able to breed my own blues! Yippee!!

@cedarcovefarm The first pip I had was on the 2nd. That one just hatched this morning. I was a nervous mess thinking I would have to help it out. Decided to leave it because it was breathing and still trying to pip, just making little progress. I figured if it could make it out, we would know we had one strong chick. It did and I am so happy!

@cedarcovefarm
The first pip I had was on the 2nd. That one just hatched this morning. I was a nervous mess thinking I would have to help it out. Decided to leave it because it was breathing and still trying to pip, just making little progress. I figured if it could make it out, we would know we had one strong chick. It did and I am so happy!
Awesome! I got one that pipped this morning on the wrong end. I attempted to help it and I wish I hadn't. There was blood
1f631.png
I put it back a while and tried again. There was still blood! I can see its beak and I can see it breathe but it can't seem to make progress. It's head must be in a weird position there on the narrow end of the egg. I'm gonna just leave it. I'm with you, if it gets out it will be a strong chick!

Awesome! I got one that pipped this morning on the wrong end. I attempted to help it and I wish I hadn't. There was blood
1f631.png
I put it back a while and tried again. There was still blood! I can see its beak and I can see it breathe but it can't seem to make progress. It's head must be in a weird position there on the narrow end of the egg. I'm gonna just leave it. I'm with you, if it gets out it will be a strong chick!

I had that happen and had to help. The chick wound up living. I actually zipped the fat end and left a bit attached. It pushed itself out, but it was scary. They normally drown if they are at the small end.

Awww! Little upsidedowm one! My chicks seem to be going from first pip to zipping after a 9-13 hour rest period. If you read back in this thread we do have someone stating a 29 hour rest from pip to hatch.
I don't know anything about upsidedown chicks hatching but I think its a great sign the little one made its own pip for fresh air! Perhaps allowing the chick to absorb as much nutrition from its blood vessels and giving it extra time and a gd level of humidity will help her! Keep us updated on the hatch!!!

1f631.png

Back
Top Bottom