OCTOBER HATCH-A-LONG!!! 2015

Its the morning of day 21- we had 2 pip 2 days ago but nothing else is happening...when we candled at day 18 we had 36 wiggling chicks and 4 maybes (had discarded 7 at day 10). I cant seem to get the humidity past 60%...is that terrible? Our last hatch failed miserably because we were using a 40 year old incubator. We have the brand new one this time. Im a nervous wreck we wont have any chicks this time either and my kids will be so disapointed (as well as their parents!) So my questions are is 60% too low? Are the two chicks that pipped two days ago without any progress dead? And, how come none of the other 34 eggs have pipped yet by this time? Its amazing how stressful this is!!

Its the morning of day 21- we had 2 pip 2 days ago but nothing else is happening...when we candled at day 18 we had 36 wiggling chicks and 4 maybes (had discarded 7 at day 10). I cant seem to get the humidity past 60%...is that terrible? Our last hatch failed miserably because we were using a 40 year old incubator. We have the brand new one this time. Im a nervous wreck we wont have any chicks this time either and my kids will be so disapointed (as well as their parents!) So my questions are is 60% too low? Are the two chicks that pipped two days ago without any progress dead? And, how come none of the other 34 eggs have pipped yet by this time? Its amazing how stressful this is!!
The fact that they pipped two days ago and nothing else has progressed is not a good sign. Usually you see progress and a hatch within 24 hours. Humidity at 60% should be ok. do you have different breeds in there? Is your temp still stable?

Yes there are 5 different breeds in the same hatch. The two that pipped 2 days ago were different types but right next to each other in the bator- maybe a hot spot? Since this morning 3 more have pipped- no complete hatches yet tho!
The fact that they pipped two days ago and nothing else has progressed is not a good sign. Usually you see progress and a hatch within 24 hours. Humidity at 60% should be ok. do you have different breeds in there?  Is your temp still stable?

Guess what
I now have 6 little chicks
wait

8 little chicks out of nine
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom