October Hatch-A-Long 2017

Thanks! I wish this were a second incubator, though I may not need really need two. My in-laws went halfsies with me on my first one. I used it twice, turned it over to them . . . and now they aren't my in-laws anymore. It was an inexpensive one, so it's not exactly on my list of things to try and get back. I'm sticking with the styrofoam, which did just fine for me, but splurging on the autoturner this time around.
Awesome! I just got a cheapy 40 egg with egg turner for like $40 from tractor supply. The temp gage is off horrible, but I have a thermometer.

Awesome! I just got a cheapy 40 egg with egg turner for like $40 from tractor supply. The temp gage is off horrible, but I have a thermometer.

Yeah, I'm waiting for a coupon for TSC that I should get in October to get my new incubator. I had good luck with temp control on the styrofoam. The humidity was harder to control, but I just had to learn how to manipulate it. I learned a lot just from one hatch to another (2/9 hatched to 9/12) and I don't expect I'll have more problems this time.

Never thought of that, thanks! But would I be able to see them? I like to watch them hatch. Plus, I need to know if everybody's hatched before I open the bator.

Maybe the bottom of a clear Tupperware container would work for better visibility? It would then just be a matter of finding the right fit for your 'bator. :)

And welcome @Harmony Fowl! :)

Back
Top Bottom