October hatch "Grow-a-long"šŸ„

I found a lady that is selling mille/calico bantam cochins that are 5 days old...this might be the answer. I don't really NEED another bantam cochin chick...but the other option is silkies and I really don't need more of them either haha. She also has female 7 week old lavender bantam cochins AHHHH WANT.
Yeah! I'd want that too!!! Hoping it works out well for you and the lil d'Anver

Agree that going on vacation is hard when you have animals/pets to care for. šŸ™‚

I actually fly people I can trust over, usually my sister or my best friend, to watch my chickens when we rarely stay away over night or longer. I do not usually have trouble getting folks to come to Hawaii to take care of chickens (OK, so truthfully, it is also to take care of my mom, who I can not leave alone over night šŸ¤£).
Yeah u could add me to the list lolol!

Agree that going on vacation is hard when you have animals/pets to care for. šŸ™‚

I actually fly people I can trust over, usually my sister or my best friend, to watch my chickens when we rarely stay away over night or longer. I do not usually have trouble getting folks to come to Hawaii to take care of chickens (OK, so truthfully, it is also to take care of my mom, who I can not leave alone over night šŸ¤£).
Yeah, if it weren't for my aunt who needs my Mom right now, I probably would have flown her down to stay! I may start doing it for my bigger trips! I have made a couple of chicken friends here so maybe I just need to pony up a good amount of money and convince them to sit for me! It's tough because we have two very senior dogs that require a LOT of care right now, so it's a LOT to ask one person. We keep thinking now is the time for the one dog...since she's 18 but she just keeps on keepin on!

I was at work today so didn't get to observe the chicks in the coop, but when I got home and went down there was no evidence of trouble.

Of course the birds had managed to knock part of the lid off the integration pen, so there was actually enough room for an adult to get in if an adult had wanted to -- but no evidence of it having occurred.

Integration report:

Babies are mostly hiding in their integration pen and refusing to venture out, despite complete access.

Adults are mostly ignoring the babies despite the fact that they *could* drop down into the pen through the opening in the top.

If it's not pouring rain I'll check again later to see what's happening.

I rebanded the babies today. Here's full details and individual photos: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/2022-the-rest-of-the-story.1537198/post-26328698

Teasers. ;)

My little Splash girl:
1119220833.jpg

Two junior rooster candidates:

Pink Band:
1119220837-jpg.3327451

Green Band:
1119220844-jpg.3327456

Green is darker than Pink.

Green is also an auspicious band color because Rameses was Green when he was a youngster competing for the position.

(I'd still like a splash male).

I rebanded the babies today. Here's full details and individual photos: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/2022-the-rest-of-the-story.1537198/post-26328698

Teasers. ;)

My little Splash girl:
View attachment 3327460

Two junior rooster candidates:

Pink Band:
1119220837-jpg.3327451

Green Band:
1119220844-jpg.3327456

Green is darker than Pink.

Green is also an auspicious band color because Rameses was Green when he was a youngster competing for the position.

(I'd still like a splash male).
They look great! Partial to the Splash of course. šŸ˜Š

So my 3 Aussie Girls are 3 weeks old now. I feel confident they are all female.
Little Zinnia is catching up with her bigger hatch mates. These girls are growing fast!
Weights today:
Dahlia: 116g
Camellia: 102g
Zinnia: 88g
What do you think, @3KillerBs? Agree, all female?šŸ˜Š
53C6C70B-3036-449C-8782-3C2A0394238E.jpeg
BB32E5F0-77B3-4858-9710-B34E59DD3100.jpeg
CA56BE06-53DB-4893-A883-3CC0D1A0741B.jpeg

Tried to focus on their combs, not the best photos, had to snap them quickly while they were being weighed. They do not hold still very long! šŸ¤£

Last edited:
So my 3 Aussie Girls are 3 weeks old now. I feel confident they are all female.
Little Zinnia is catching up with her bigger hatch mates. These girls are growing fast!
Weights today:
Dahlia: 116g
Camellia: 102g
Zinnia: 88g
What do you think, @3KillerBs? Agree, all female?šŸ˜Š
View attachment 3328432View attachment 3328431View attachment 3328433
Tried to focus on their combs, not the best photos, had to snap them quickly while they were being weighed. They do not hold still very long! šŸ¤£

Yes, they all look female to me.

Back
Top Bottom