October quilt block of the Month 2009 *sign up CLOSED*

I am my mother's caretaker, she handicapped and has ulcer wounds on her legs, so I have to pack the holes in her legs every morning.
Now my DH broke his leg, which is a non-weight bearing injury for three months. Between the both of them and all the appointments, it seems like a full time job.
Also it means our income has now become zip this month until disability kicks in and after 12 weeks FMLA is up and he will be terminated from his job before he is done healing.
hit.gif
barnie.gif

That means all x-mas preasents are going to handmade.

Golden my DH has leg ulcers also. His are from frost bit 40 years ago. Most people have them due to diabetes. His are on both legs. It takes about 1 1/2 to 2 hours to do his wound care twice a day like you said between doctors and doing the care it is like a job
Just thank the Lord you are able to take care of your Mom and DH
Piecemaker

hugs.gif
goldenluver and piecemaker......sounds like you have a full time job. At least if you work outside of the home you know there is a certain time you can put the responsibility down and not worry about it.

Add me for 4 please, just scramble me around and fit in where needed
smile.png
I would like blocks with pink as the main color as well.

Goldenluver got me thinking . . . . . .

My littlest DD (11) has never had a quilt from me, so it occured to me, that if I utilize this swap, and make one or two pink blocks each month as well - - I could get her a top done by Christmas!! Plus she wouldn't see me working on it, since the bulk of the blocks would be coming in the mail -- so it might even end up a suprise!!! I love you ladies, you give me great ideas :O)

Calicokat got you added all 4 times.

Everyone please again do not do your blocks till the 10th as I have to fit some in between sometimes. Thanks for understanding

Would you insert me two more times please?
I'm going to sew this week and have some blocks ready before I leave for Tennessee.
If I get moved around on the list...that will be no problem. I will be able to finish up some more blocks when I get back since there will be a week before the blocks go out.

OOOOO I'm so excited to go see my daughter, the new baby and his big brother and daddy.

Quote:
Hey Golden, how many pink blocks do you need? In the Christmas block swap I'm above you twice. Would you like two Christmas blocks and only one pink from me or would you like me to make one of your Christmas blocks a pink one instead for this quilt you are making for your little one?
Why don't you PM me and let me know. I'm realllllllly flexible.

Back
Top Bottom