odd chick

hi788

Hatching
May 24, 2023
hi, I have a chick who has some dark Marron colored substance stuck in it lower beak st the very entrance and it's struggling to swallow a seed it ate. it's also very lethargic and instead of running around with the other chicks it just constantly stands in one place without moving and seems like it's swaying. I'm really concerned and I'm not sure what the issue is, please help

hi, I have a chick who has some dark Marron colored substance stuck in it lower beak st the very entrance and it's struggling to swallow a seed it ate. it's also very lethargic and instead of running around with the other chicks it just constantly stands in one place without moving and seems like it's swaying. I'm really concerned and I'm not sure what the issue is, please help
maroon*

hi, sorry I really can't get a clear picture but now but now can see that there is a big seed stuck in its throat and 2-3 small ones below its tongue in its lower beak. there's also that same maroon substance which might be waste it ate but I'm not sure. if you have any advice as to what I should do please let me know.

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20230524-180928.jpg
    VideoCapture_20230524-180928.jpg
    529.9 KB · Views: 5
hi, sorry I really can't get a clear picture but now but now can see that there is a big seed stuck in its throat and 2-3 small ones below its tongue in its lower beak. there's also that same maroon substance which might be waste it ate but I'm not sure. if you have any advice as to what I should do please let me know.
I would get the seeds out asap. Maybe try with tweezers. What kind of feed do you give? I would also start incorporating grit into their diet. Food that's too big can clog up their digestive tract and kill them. Grit will help grind it up.

Back
Top Bottom