Odd little mixed breed blessing.

Lthornsberry

In the Brooder
May 31, 2021
Kentucky, USA
So a while back we had a gorgeous copper and black colored (primary on her was the copper color) EE, she bread to my BCM (we keep 1 roo per coop) well a few days later we get an egg, and the poor thing the next day was taken out by a dog (the ee).. we decided to incubate the egg and ultimately it hatched. That darling chick turned into a GORGEOUS black fluffy checked nightmare for bugs hahaha. Well she just started laying this week (hatched on valentines day) and I'm not sure if I'm just crazy and hopeful but the egg looks to be olive tinted. Input? Also I have NO clue who laid the one next to it haha though I'm guessing it to be one of my starlight green eggers.

Attachments

• img_1629301761825.jpg
    img_1629301761825.jpg
    505.4 KB · Views: 15
Congratulations on making a beautiful olive egger! I always have at least a few of them around. The classic "Olive Egger" is a Marans and an Ameraucana, though anything that lays blue eggs x anything that lays brown eggs will produce some shade of olive, which are technically blue eggs with an overlay of brown (bet your eggs are blue inside.) How fun!

Back
Top Bottom