Oddest, Ugliest Poultry Related Nick-Nack

Pics
Sounds like fun to me! I can do that!

I need plans lol.
My mind wanders to much to remember all the math and angles.
I will draw it up if I cannot find bench plans I like.

By the by that bench I painted purple is one I threw together in about an hour. It is solid as heck but not laid out well for artsy painting.

Last edited:
I been looking at plans. I am stiff enough that Adirondack chairs are impossible to get out of. I am thinking a standard seat with a high arched back.

Of course this is in planning phase.....

Same here. I like the style though. I guess you don't have to incline the seat portion as much as they usually are. Maybe find one that the angle of the butt part looks adjustable.

I wasn't able to get off of an Adirondack Chair even when I was much younger, always needed help or tow truck. I don't know why people all had them back then. My grandpa did and it was awful to sit in it. Maybe it was a fad like hula hoops- couldn't work those either. Good thing I discovered the joys of ice cream or I would have nothing I excelled at.

Apparently, Purcellville had a bench painting project last year too, and there was at least one other with chickens. As you can see the design of the benches was different. Here's the blurb they put on their website,
"Come enjoy our Spring/Summer 2017 community art project by finding the 50 benches and planters that have been painted by Loudoun County artists that are displayed around Purcellville. The artists were given free rein this year to paint whatever theme they chose. So come find all 50 and stop in at the businesses that are hosting them for the summer."
I think they hold an auction in the fall and sell them all.
(My sister lives there, and I was visiting last week, thus got the first photo. It's a delightful town...)

another bench.png

Last edited:
Apparently, Purcellville had a bench painting project last year too, and there was at least one other with chickens. As you can see the design of the benches was different. Here's the blurb they put on their website,
"Come enjoy our Spring/Summer 2017 community art project by finding the 50 benches and planters that have been painted by Loudoun County artists that are displayed around Purcellville. The artists were given free rein this year to paint whatever theme they chose. So come find all 50 and stop in at the businesses that are hosting them for the summer."
I think they hold an auction in the fall and sell them all.
(My sister lives there, and I was visiting last week, thus got the first photo. It's a delightful town...)

View attachment 1440856

That's a really cute one too. I wish our town would do something like that.
They painted all the ugly giant electrical boxes around town. I like the nature themed ones best.

That's a really cute one too. I wish our town would do something like that.
They painted all the ugly giant electrical boxes around town. I like the nature themed ones best.
A town near us had a similar community art project, but what they painted was giant fiberglass footballs one year and then cows....... I should suggest benches for next year.....
a cow.png

Back
Top Bottom