What Gender Are They?

• Cheezle Splat: Male

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mistletoe: Male

• Custard: Male

• Total voters
They are beautiful. I love their size too. It's crazy how much personality comes from something as small as they are. They are so chatty and their little voices are absolutely precious. My roosters do crow, a lot! It's considerably more than any of my other roosters. I seriously enjoy their crows though

They are beautiful. I love their size too. It's crazy how much personality comes from something as small as they are. They are so chatty and their little voices are absolutely precious. My roosters do crow, a lot! It's considerably more than any of my other roosters. I seriously enjoy their crows though
Yes!
It just shows you that you can get SO MUCH in a TINY PACKAGE!
I love my little rooster's crow. He is so good at it! The funniest part is that he goes up high so everyone can hear it! Sometimes he jumps on trailers, fences, gates, and posts, just to crow! And when I pick him up sometimes, he crows. Almost like he wants to show off to me too!

Yes!
It just shows you that you can get SO MUCH in a TINY PACKAGE!
I love my little rooster's crow. He is so good at it! The funniest part is that he goes up high so everyone can hear it! Sometimes he jumps on trailers, fences, gates, and posts, just to crow! And when I pick him up sometimes, he crows. Almost like he wants to show off to me too!
Yay! If I get a rooster, I must prepare for crowing!

Yay! If I get a rooster, I must prepare for crowing!
And prepare to laugh whenever you hear it for the first time. My daughter and I play a game where we guess the rooster by his crow. I only have 2 that mix me up anymore and it's 2 of my OEGB roosters. They sound identical. I love how they seriously put everything they've got into those little crows. RoX, the mottled one in the picture, gets up on his tippy toes to crow. One more thing, one of my OEGB hens crows. It's the funniest thing ever and she only does it if her flock isn't with her and if she can't see me watching her. I wish I knew how to upload an audio recording of her crowing. If I figure it out, I'll share it. All of my OEGB's are 2 years old.
20201221_180236.jpg

One more thing, one of my OEGB hens crows. It's the funniest thing ever and she only does it if her flock isn't with her and if she can't see me watching her. I wish I knew how to upload an audio recording of her crowing. If I figure it out, I'll share it.
I'd love to hear the hen "crow"! :lol:
My daughter and I play a game where we guess the rooster by his crow. I only have 2 that mix me up anymore and it's 2 of my OEGB roosters. They sound identical. I love how they seriously put everything they've got into those little crows. RoX, the mottled one in the picture, gets up on his tippy toes to crow.
I also love to play that game! I learned all the crows so far, and I believe I get them correct every time.

Okay, chicken maths at its best:

We were going to get ONE OEGB rooster... we got SIX baby OEGBs!
Okaaaaay.... They all died. But know we have three more chicks and I have more questions.

1. Is there any gender tells that can help you with sexing them? Eg, eye liner...?
2. How old are these little ones?
3. How much are they meant to weigh at hatch date, one week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 1 month, 1 1/2 months, and 2 months?
4. Do males have different colouring to the females?
5. What colour are they?

(SORRY! SOOOOOO many photos! 😬 )

Attachments

• IMG_7519.JPG
    IMG_7519.JPG
    413.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7518.JPG
    IMG_7518.JPG
    432.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7517.JPG
    IMG_7517.JPG
    416.9 KB · Views: 3