Ended Official 2020 BYC Halloween Hatch-Along

Pics
Happy Halloween ya'll :jumpy🎃
6 of my 8 have treated me to their beauty and antics. There are two that haven't pipped, three still drying off and three in the brooder. I will post a group photo in a few hours. It's been an exciting journey to share the joys and sorrows of hatching babies. Will there will be a Thanksgiving Day hatch? A Christmas Day or New Year's hatch (or both)? A Valentine's Day hatch???

The first four did NOT wait til a decent hour. The screamer started up at 2:13 am. :th Couldn’t take a decent pic yet without turning on too many lights.
995D5CE5-E8CF-48AE-868D-9DED84953FA2.jpeg

So exciting!!!!! Congrats everyone!!!

Look at all those babies!

I just have this lonely blue Maran peaking over a duck egg, wondering who is talking to him/her. Pips everywhere though.

View attachment 2393560

So... the other half has no idea there’s going to be chicks this weekend. Kind of told him I wasn’t hatching until spring. How to muffle a peeping incubator 🤔
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

it’s okay. Mine has NO IDEA I’m planning on keeping my quail on the back porch. Forever. 😬😬😬😬

Happy Halloween ya'll :jumpy🎃
6 of my 8 have treated me to their beauty and antics. There are two that haven't pipped, three still drying off and three in the brooder. I will post a group photo in a few hours. It's been an exciting journey to share the joys and sorrows of hatching babies. Will there will be a Thanksgiving Day hatch? A Christmas Day or New Year's hatch (or both)? A Valentine's Day hatch???
Congrats!

there is often a New Years hatch, and, then there is ALWAYS an Easter hatch a long. The Easter hatch a long is the BIGGEST hatch a long of the year!!!

I haven't checked the hatcher yet this morning. Mine are due in 18 hours and I hope they don't come early because I'm mailing 9 of them at 3 PM tomorrow.

ETA
I just checked and I think I see one pip. There are 25 eggs in there. I started with 28 and had 3 clears. They were the last eggs fertilized by my last rooster who disappeared (coyote) a few weeks ago.
Luckily I have a bunch of up and coming cockerels. Not quite ready to breed yet. I'm sure I won't be doing the New Years HAL. I'll probably start hatching again in February. I'll be butchering by then too.

Last edited:
I haven't checked the hatcher yet this morning. Mine are due in 18 hours and I hope they don't come early because I'm mailing 9 of them at 3 PM tomorrow.

ETA
I just checked and I think I see one pip. There are 25 eggs in there. I started with 28 and had 3 clears. They were the last eggs fertilized by my last rooster who disappeared (coyote) a few weeks ago.
Luckily I have a bunch of up and coming cockerels. Not quite ready to breed yet. I'm sure I won't be doing the New Years HAL. I'll probably start hatching again in February. I'll be butchering by then too.
Good luck!!!!

My DH has given up on getting me to quit or even slow down the hatching..... he does point out the growing feedbill in mounting frustration but then shakes his head and wanders off.... i may need to butcher a bunch soon.... al cx of course
My wife is an enabler. All I have to do is show her a picture of the breed I want to get. :lau
The feed bill is going to get crazy now due to hens cutting back on eggs, egg money for feed is sadly lacking.

Back
Top Bottom