Ended Official 2020 BYC Halloween Hatch-Along

Pics
Approaching lockdown for my babes... I really have no idea what will happen this hatch. I have 4 BCMs, 3 OE mixes, 1 Ameraucana mix, 4 Silkies. The Silkies all look fairly promising, but I am curious about the darker eggs I haven't been able to candle. I was able to sort of see inside one of the BCMs with my iPhone in a dark bathroom (felt like a real weirdo hiding in the bathroom with my eggs). The anticipation is killingggg meeee

I shipped 9 of my chicks from this HAL on Sunday. They were supposed to reach their destination by 3 PM Tuesday. They arrived just now. One chick was dead and another is weak.
They sat at the distribution facility downtown for 30 hours before being forwarded.
This is the first chick I've ever lost in shipping.

I shipped 9 of my chicks from this HAL on Sunday. They were supposed to reach their destination by 3 PM Tuesday. They arrived just now. One chick was dead and another is weak.
They sat at the distribution facility downtown for 30 hours before being forwarded.
They did pretty well considering the time delay.

Can you or the recipient make a claim with the post office? If the delivery was guaranteed by x time on x date, and the chick died as a result of not being delivered, I'd say the post office is at fault.

All these photos are making me wish I had done a hatch for Halloween! 😆
If there’s a hatch a long for new year I think I will join! 🤩
I am loving the quail chicks too, I have never hatched any but would love too, I owned some quails but then never laid an egg so never got to hatch any. Maybe next year!

funny story I went to the store to buy six red sex link chicks and came back with five red sex links, 3 light Brahmas, 2 barred rocks, 2 ameraucanas, and I already have 4 mixed breeds barred rocks, so now I have 16 chicks to take care of
here's a pic of my favorite light Brahma, Silverstream, and a whole group pic
IMG_20201104_174008.jpg
IMG_20201104_174301.jpg

Was finally cleaning out the hatcher to move the eggs due this upcoming weekend into lockdown, and one of the eggs peeped at me! Little necked neck was glued in the shell but very alive! Got it out and gave it a bath will move it to the brooder in the morning.... that is a first for me one hatched 4 days after the due date...looks to ve a keeper so very happy it made some noise

Back
Top Bottom