Ended Official BYC Article Writing Contest #14

Hi guys. I’m kinda shay about stuff like this, but I wrote an article about my experience gaining the confidence to raise chickens. Growing up in the city, I was not into animals and being outside, and I didn’t think I could raise chickens due to my lack of experience and upbringing. I hope you take a few minutes to read it! ❤️

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...hicken-keeping-no-experience-necessary.77184/

closed_1.gif

This contest is now Closed!!!! Thanks to everyone that entered!

Judging will begin in a day or two & hopefully we will announce the winners in the next two weeks.

Submitted articles:

@DobieLover, @Nabiki, @AvocadoAbi, @PippinTheChicken, @Tclloyd0812, @Afi
@microchick, @Devyn Nagy, @-Flash-, @TheOddOneOut, @Silviaschicks, @Iluveggers

Since judging will not begin for a few days, may I suggest that all of you install a spell checker like Grammarly and spell check your articles? Please also make sure that all pictures, links, and videos work, too.

And remember, no web pictures are allowed.
1638461395245.png

Last edited:
full

Now, for the moment you've all been waiting for! The judges have finished with their decisions and we have winners!

First Place - @TheOddOneOut
How to Correctly Wrap a Chicken's Foot!

How to Correctly Wrap a Chicken's Foot!

I finally did it: I created an article on how to wrap chicken feet. I consider myself a little bit of an expert because I’ve been dealing with an ungodly amount of bumblefoot in the flock lately. *sigh* Wrapping feet is absolutely necessary after any sort of foot pad surgery (most commonly to...

Second Place - @Nabiki
Nabiki's Black Soldier Fly Project

Nabiki's Black Soldier Fly Project

Nabiki’s Black Soldier Fly Colony Project I have decided to make the leap to raising live food, not just for my quail, but for future creatures. Black Soldier Flies (BSF) are common throughout most of the western hemisphere, but are most common in temperate to tropical zones. They don’t bite...

Third Place - @DobieLover
Broody Management - From the First Turkey Strut to Weaning the Chicks

Broody Management - From the First Turkey Strut to Weaning the Chicks

If you are unfamiliar with the signs of a broody, this is what to look for. The very first sign is a puffed-up hen sitting in your nest box. The turkey walk is the next sign to look for. The hen will do this when off the nest, around the feeder and when making her way back to the nest. The...

Fourth Place - @microchick
Killer in the Shadows. How My Flock and I Learned to Deal With Marek's Disease

Killer in the Shadows. How My Flock and I Learned to Deal With Marek's Disease

There are few words in the world of keeping chickens that strikes fear into our hearts more than the two words, Marek's Disease. It seems that with surprising frequency the topic will pop up on Back Yard Chickens. Sometimes the poster has already gotten the diagnosis through a necropsy of a bird...

Fifth Place - @Tclloyd0812
My Experience Raising Emus and What I've Learned (So Far)

My Experience Raising Emus and What I've Learned (So Far)

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to have one of the closest living relatives of a dinosaur roaming in your backyard, besides chickens? Are you looking into getting something more exotic and bigger than your average bird? If you have looked into raising emus or want to know more about...

@TheOddOneOut, @Nabiki, @DobieLover, @microchick, & @Tclloyd0812
I will be sending you instructions on how to claim your prizes momentarily!

Come check out the new contest!
Official BYC Article Writing Contest - #15

thank you.png

A HUGE THANK YOU to all who participated, this wouldn't have been possible without all of your entries!!!! :bow :clap Great job everyone, this was so much fun!! :wee

yippiechickie.gif

~ Shout out to all of the judges that took the time to read all of the articles. I know it was incredibly difficult to judge and I appreciate all of you! ~

And THANK YOU to our BYC Sponsors
(click to view & support them)

Back
Top Bottom