Ended Official BYC Article Writing Contest - #15

Entry #1-

Top 15 Chicken Coop Mistakes

Top 15 Chicken Coop Mistakes

Top 15 Chicken Coop Mistakes Chicken coops are the most important part of raising chickens. Protection from predators, warmth, and wellbeing will rely on a well-built coop. In the below article, I will explain all the mistakes to avoid when building your new coop. Or revamping, rebuilding, or...

Entry #2-

What to look out for when adopting new poultry

What to look out for when adopting new poultry

Who isn't excited to take new birds home! You may be going to pick up a few birds who need good homes sometime soon, congratulations! As exciting as it is to get new birds, there are still important things to look out for upon picking them up. This article can be a guide showing what to look...

How to care for large wounds on chickens

How to care for large wounds on chickens

You have four roosters that you have not got rid of yet. They keep jumping ome of your hens. You get the hen to remove her. When you see a large gash in her side. What do you do? In this article you will find basic wound care for your bird. Products You Will Need Vet wrap(you can...

My new article. The idea just popped into my head while sitting on the lounge/couch reading. And then I thought "Hey, there is this new article writing contest!"
Sorry if it's a bit short, I didn't think people would need to have a great long dirty- pun not intended- article about dust bathing.

Why Do Chickens Dust Bathe?

Why Do Chickens Dust Bathe?

Chickens are strange beings, but what makes them even stranger is that they roll around in dust. Why on earth would they do that? Surely that would just get them dirtier? Wrong. Why Do Chickens Dust Bathe? Chickens are at risk from lice and mites. They can get lice/mites from wild birds and...
(Hopefully this works, I've never shared an article like this :fl)

Last edited:
Utilizing the Parrot Chop Principle to Improve Chicken Diets

Let me begin by saying I am NOT in favor of forgoing a commercial chicken feed for my girls. It would be difficult, if not impossible, for an individual to formulate a nutritionally complete diet for chickens on their own. However, I am encouraging the use of healthy, nutritionally dense fresh...

Back
Top Bottom