Ended Official BYC Contest - Worst Chicken Molt Pictures - Fall/Winter 2015

Here is my Frazzle
1f633.png
she once was pretty! Now we have a hard time not giggling. I feel so bad but it's hard not to. She needs a winter coat. I will say she lays the hugest eggs!!! Sometimes the size of our standards. I try to give her everything possible to have her plumage come back. Nothing works!

I should have taken Lovey's pic last week. She was atrocious. My five year old was worried his chicken was turning into a porcipine.
(Buff polish crested hen)

Here is my Frazzle
1f633.png
she once was pretty! Now we have a hard time not giggling. I feel so bad but it's hard not to. She needs a winter coat. I will say she lays the hugest eggs!!! Sometimes the size of our standards. I try to give her everything possible to have her plumage come back. Nothing works!

Wow, she looks like some kind of mutant. You could put her to work for Halloween scaring small children

I know shes not a chicken lol but i couldnt resist this is Rosey my turkey hen she molted completely naked last month i even had to start putting a little shirt i made for her on her to keep her warm at night, shes got all her feathers now

Bwahaha! Poor thing looks similar to my turkey when she goes. Thank you for giving her a shirt. I feel bad for them when they drop all those feathers and give you the look like, "Sheez, what'dya want?! Can't you see I'm suffering?"

It's been since her first clutch in January. Nothing has helped! It gets worse and worse!

Wow, she looks like some kind of mutant. You could put her to work for Halloween scaring small children
right!!
1f383.png
my husband can barely look at the poor little girl!! Honestly she's uglier then the pictures
1f635.png
I feel bad!

@Angie16hearts Hmmm.... have you tried emu oil? I know, she's not an emu -- LOL! But I tried it before with my stubborn molters and i think it actually did something. No scientific evidence -- but my own observations... I dunno. Gonna need a sweater in the winter!

Edited to say -- you rub the emu oil on their skin. ;)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom