Ended Official BYC Mini-Contest—Thanksgiving Side Dishes Photo Contest!

What is everyone gonna make this year?
My family usually does:
  • Turkey
  • Stuffing
  • Squash
  • Potatoes (can be different kinds, sweet, purple, etc.)
  • Biscuits
  • Pies (pumpkin, chocolate, apple, and apple crisp)

Purple Sweet Potato Pie

No one else wanted to eat it because the color messed with their taste buds. 😩

I ate it.😳
IMG_20221105_185833.jpg
IMG_20221105_185828.jpg
IMG_20221105_190005.jpg
IMG_20221105_185838.jpg
IMG_20221105_190104.jpg
IMG_20221105_190109.jpg
IMG_20221105_185842.jpg

What is everyone gonna make this year? I'm gonna do the following:
  • Turkey
  • Stuffing
  • Cheesy mashers
  • Green bean casserole
  • Mashed sweet potatoes
For Thanksgiving breakfast we have:
  • Presnac
  • Cottage Bacon
  • Ponchiki
For Thanksgiving dinner we have:
  • Turkey
  • Rumbledthumps
  • Green bean casserole
  • Creamed Corn
  • Apple pan dowdy

Last edited:
For Thanksgiving breakfast we have:
  • Presnic
  • Cottage Bacon
  • Ponchiki
For Thanksgiving dinner we have:
  • Turkey
  • Rumbledthumps
  • Green bean casserole
  • Creamed Corn
  • Apple pan dowdy
OK, time for translations!
  • Presnic
  • Cottage Bacon
  • Ponchiki
  • Rumbledthumps
What are these?

OK, time for translations!
  • Presnic
  • Cottage Bacon
  • Ponchiki
  • Rumbledthumps
What are these?
Presnac (my phone auto corrected it to an i in my first post) is a Serbian egg casserole that has been a holiday breakfast tradition in my family since I can remember. It has eggs, butter, cottage cheese, cream cheese, Monterey Jack (you can add other cheeses you like as well) and baking powder to create a fluffy cheesy casserole.

Cottage Bacon is bacon cut from the pork shoulder instead of the belly. It's meatier and less fatty compared to regular bacon.

Ponchiki are Russian donut holes made with farmers cheese (a more acidic and firmer version of cottage cheese).

Rumbledethumps is a Scottish dish of mashed potatoes with cabbage, onions and cheese very similar to Irish Colcannon.

Presnac (my phone auto corrected it to an i in my first post) is a Serbian egg casserole that has been a holiday breakfast tradition in my family since I can remember. It has eggs, butter, cottage cheese, cream cheese, Monterey Jack (you can add other cheeses you like as well) and baking powder to create a fluffy cheesy casserole.

Cottage Bacon is bacon cut from the pork shoulder instead of the belly. It's meatier and less fatty compared to regular bacon.

Ponchiki are Russian donut holes made with farmers cheese (a more acidic and firmer version of cottage cheese).

Rumbledethumps is a Scottish dish of mashed potatoes with cabbage, onions and cheese very similar to Irish Colcannon.
I've had presnac! Yum!

I've made colcannon..my mom gave me a really good Irish pub cook book. It is yummy..

Back
Top Bottom