What’s my hobbyView attachment 2881027
This contest is brought to you by our BYC Sponsors
(click to view & support them)
Welcome to the Official BYC Mini-Contest
What's Your Hobby?
This is a RANDOM Winner Contest...
We want to know what you love! Whether you're lucky enough to have a hobby that pays the bills, or it's something you enjoy doing in your free time, tell us all about it! What are your creative and artistic pursuits? Do you collect something special? Did you need to buy an external hard drive to store all of the pictures you take? Share with us what hobbies you enjoy most!
It's easy to enter, just reply to this thread with up to 4 of your hobbies and you will be entered for a chance to win 1 of 5 (that's right, FIVE) BYC 2022 Calendars!
- Four hobby entries per member. PLEASE NUMBER YOUR ENTRIES!
- One hobby per post, please.
- Please add a short description with your IMAGES IN YOUR POSTS, examples...
- What is it that you love about this hobby?
- When do you do the Hobby?
- What sacrifices do you make to be able to practice your hobby?
- Are you an amateur? An adept? An expert?
- Are you lucky enough that this hobby is part of your job/income?
- The above are just examples of how to create your post, you don´t have to talk about all of them and you can add other things if you want, those are just a few guidelines in case you don’t know how to make your post!Note: We will use a random number generator to select our winners for this Contest.
- The picture needs to have been taken by you.
- You cannot use a photo that won an award in another BYC sponsored contest.
- No overly-edited or filtered images—basic editing such as cropping and other subtle changes are allowed.
- No screenshots, and no watermarks, date stamps, text, etc. on the picture.
- ALL pictures MUST be uploaded to BYC and not hosted on other image sites, personal websites, etc.
- Prizes are limited to one per person per contest.
- Open to all BYC members.
- All BYC rules apply: Terms of Service (Rules)
- Entries will be accepted until November 30th at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
There will be 5 winners and each will receive a copy of the beautiful BYC 2022 Calendars!
Repurposing antiques Comic Books Online Auctions Hobby Farming Treasure Hunting From left to right: @CluckerFamily, @Chicken_loverXx, @slippednfell, @cmom, @ronkonkoma
2019 Contest Winners
Grooming Photography Baking Geocaching Scrounging
Check out the rest of the contests here:
Official BYC Mini-Contest Series - Win one of Fifty (50) BYC 2022 Calendars!
If you would like to purchase a beautiful BYC 2022 Calendar, see this thread: 2022 BYC Calendars are HERE!!!! Free Shipping to US Addresses!
That’s so neat!!!! I love the idea of placing trinkets for others to find!!!Kinda dorky but my son and I collect rocks together He got into minerals when playing Minecraft (he's only 7) and when I ordered him a real piece of amethyst, it just kicked the whole thing off. Now, we are constantly hunting for new rocks/minerals wherever we go. It's so much fun to get to share something special like that with him, all while it being an educational activity that never ceases to amaze! This is just one of our piles. I've got rune sets in tourmaline and rose quartz, agate slices everywhere, and I keep having to stop myself from buying one of those $300 giant geodes
And in our hunt for new rocks, we wound up finding some painted ones! So now we also paint rocks and hide them around the city for other people to find
View attachment 2911724
I can definitely see your point!!! I grew up on a farm and my mom was a homemaker and the general consensus was that if you had time and energy for hobbies, you must not be working hard enough!I really don't have any hobbies. I clean house, take care of chickens, three months old chicks, four cats and a husband that likes to bring his dust into the house for me to start cleaning and vacuuming up again.
What I like to do is help people on the message boards (3) if they have a computer problem that they don't know how to fix. If I have a problem I go to find a solution.
I've learned to cook in the last several years. I never was interested doing this. Only snack food. How many can slice a loaf of bread? That made me nervous. I did not cook the Turkey he did. I have many moons ago to help my Mom. I don't feel like I should be getting medicare now but I am that age.
I also cross-post pictures for a person I know on facebook to take to the message board.
Adorable your hobby is very intriguing and I’m sure it’s a lot of hard work as well!My hobby is breeding cockatiels. I hand raise most of the babies, but I try and leave a chick in each nest for the parents to raise to weaning especially if it is one I want to keep to breed from. They are adorable birds and we just love them, and it's rewarding to find them loving homes. This is my second season raising my own - before that I helped out a breeder, taking his not so beautiful babies to raise as pets.
This is my favourite pair, Neon and Opal, who make gorgeous babies:
View attachment 2911135
This was their nest last year:
View attachment 2911136
The birds make enough to pay for their food, supplements etc.
Our kids each have their own special pet boy too, Sprout and Lemmy. Lemmy is the sweetest bird ever and is devoted to our son. Sprout thinks he is the most important bird in all the world and gets annoyed if we are giving other birds attention. He's also not afraid to march up to the cats and start chewing on their ears! He's a little brat but we absolutely adore him.
View attachment 2911513
View attachment 2911515