Ended Official BYC Mini-Contest - What’s Your Hobby

Pics
Oh those BOOTIES. Squeal. :love

Never heard of this, and its awesome!!!

Welp, there it is. The hobby I'm most jealous of. :bow I play the saxophone, but you cant really just grab it and go. I've always been so jealous of people that can pick up a guitar and make music.

@TwoCrows THIS IS AMAZING! wow. Im so intrigued.

STOP IT THEYRE SO CUTE. I NEED A MINI FARM. :weeDitto what @ShannonsChimkens said... are they better than other mini cattle? What are their horns like?

Very, Very impressed!
It's a special feeling to find ancient things, it's as if you are momentarily transported back into the past, a window gets opened for you and you were lucky enough to be the one to get to step through.

17B48EE3-29D9-4A33-AB46-57A470362E89.jpeg

Photography is one of my favorite hobbies! I just love creating things with colors, patterns, and arrangements. Even if I am still learning these things, I like experimenting with them, and finding new subjects, and new styles. @CluckNDoodle showed me what “flat lay” was and now I’m hooked! I find myself wandering the house and thinking about what surfaces would make for a good background, and what objects would compliment each other. Even if I have only taken 1 (actually about 80, but this is the one I kept!) I already love it and I’ll definitely be continuing. This picture wasn’t taken to express anything specific, but this style of photography can bring out small emotions, or details in such a unique way. I love the creativity and freedom involved in arranging these objects to represent emotions, situations, and lots of other things 📷

Last edited:
I have too many "hobbies" but here's one I always make time for: Beekeeping. I currently just have 2 hives by choice, and have been beekeeping since 2013. Any money I do make goes right back into bee supplies. ;) I'm interested in beekeeping for the pollination of my orchard/garden, harvesting honey & wax, and just because I happen to like bees. It's an extremely expensive hobby to get into, but it has some sweet rewards...
beehive.jpg

IMG_1099.JPG

I have too many "hobbies" but here's one I always make time for: Beekeeping. I currently just have 2 hives by choice, and have been beekeeping since 2013. Any money I do make goes right back into bee supplies. ;) I'm interested in beekeeping for the pollination of my orchard/garden, harvesting honey & wax, and just because I happen to like bees. It's an extremely expensive hobby to get into, but it has some sweet rewards...
View attachment 2432730
View attachment 2432733
I was JUST discussing behind the scenes today I expected a beekeeper in this thread and was surprised we didn’t have one!!!!!!

I’ve been pseudo studying bees as a potential hobby..... I may reach out soon. 😬

I like repurposing old stuff. My latest project was to find a use for these 2 old drawers I found in the barn. I had planned to make them into nest boxes, but they were too long for the space I had. So I decided to paint a scene in each one and hang them on the wall.
I started with a Van Gogh-ish sky and then created a place I would like to hang out. I included some 3-D elements. (and that's my DH sitting outside the coffee shop.) These are functional as well, with key holders on one side, and the knobs are used to hang masks....
drawer 1a.jpg
drawer 2a.jpg
drawer 2b.jpg

Last edited:
I like repurposing old stuff. My latest project was to find a use for these 2 old drawers I found in the barn. I had planned to make them into nest boxes, but they were too long for the space I had. So I decided to paint a scene in each one and hang them on the wall.
I started with a Van Gogh-ish sky and then created a place I would like to hang out. I included some 3-D elements. (and that's my DH sitting outside the coffee shop.) These are functional as well, with key holders on one side, and the knobs are used to hang masks....
View attachment 2432873
View attachment 2432874
View attachment 2432877
What a wonderful idea!

Oh those BOOTIES. Squeal. :love

Never heard of this, and its awesome!!!

Welp, there it is. The hobby I'm most jealous of. :bow I play the saxophone, but you cant really just grab it and go. I've always been so jealous of people that can pick up a guitar and make music.

@TwoCrows THIS IS AMAZING! wow. Im so intrigued.

STOP IT THEYRE SO CUTE. I NEED A MINI FARM. :weeDitto what @ShannonsChimkens said... are they better than other mini cattle? What are their horns like?

Very, Very impressed!
Mini zebu are the smallest breed of min cattle and are naturally small, not bred down with dwarfism. They do have horns tho so some of ours are dehorned. I love em!

In love with your hobbies right now! Emus definitely bring something different. Curious things and they love their human’s attention. Well most of them at least 😉

What are the Zebus temperaments like? I’ve heard that miniature cows, like Jerseys, can be quite shy/timid. Would you suggest zebus over your basic miniature cattle?
Any breed of mini cow is as tame as you make them and they are all different. If you get them young and work with them everyday, they make excellent pets. Our breeders will eat treats from your hand and let you pet their nose but are not cuddlers. They are the smallest breed of cow and are naturally small, not bred down by dwarfism. Oh and they hardly eat anything!

Back
Top Bottom