Official BYC Poll: Excess eggs, what do you do with them?

What do you do with your excess eggs?

• Eat them

Votes: 304 59.4%
  • Hatch them

Votes: 108 21.1%
  • Sell them from home

Votes: 194 37.9%
  • Sell them at the farmers market

Votes: 17 3.3%
  • Give them away to family and friends

Votes: 375 73.2%
  • Donate them to church, a food bank, etc.

Votes: 65 12.7%
  • Pickle them

Votes: 51 10.0%
  • Feed them to other animals

Votes: 158 30.9%
  • Throw them away

Votes: 17 3.3%
  • Compost them

Votes: 26 5.1%
  • Sell them as hatching eggs

Votes: 36 7.0%
  • Don't have excess eggs

Votes: 49 9.6%
  • I buy my eggs

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • Art & crafts

Votes: 25 4.9%
  • Other (please elaborate in a reply below)

Votes: 16 3.1%
  • Give away as hatching eggs

Votes: 23 4.5%
  • Feed them back to the birds

Votes: 144 28.1%
  • Freeze them

Votes: 40 7.8%
  • Dehydrate them

Votes: 9 1.8%
  • All of the above

Votes: 5 1.0%

• Total voters
Pics
Quiche2.jpg

I make what I call French Toast Loaf. A dozen eggs or so. Add your favorite french toast ingredients. I like frozen blueberries, sugar, brown sugar, etc.
Mix in all leftover bread ends that nobody else in the house will eat, leftover buns, muffins, or whatever (break up like stuffing) equaling about 8 pieces of bread. Bake 350° for 50 minutes.
Stuff in thermos for work, pour syrup on top and enjoy. Doesnt waste bread or eggs and get more food with what you happen to have. 👍

I make what I call French Toast Loaf. A dozen eggs or so. Add your favorite french toast ingredients. I like frozen blueberries, sugar, brown sugar, etc.
Mix in all leftover bread ends that nobody else in the house will eat, leftover buns, muffins, or whatever (break up like stuffing) equaling about 8 pieces of bread. Bake 350° for 50 minutes.
Stuff in thermos for work, pour syrup on top and enjoy. Doesnt waste bread or eggs and get more food with what you happen to have. 👍
Sounds delicious!

For everyone talking about quiche, if you swap out the milk for heavy cream, I promise you that it’ll come out SO much better. It helps the egg get a fluffier whip when you go to beat them. In my experience, using heavy cream separates an actual quiche from scrambled eggs on a pie crust :lol:

If you don’t have heavy cream, you can make some in a pinch by combining 3/4 cup of milk and 1/4 cup (half of a conventional US stick) of melted, unsalted butter. This works best with whole milk but will work somewhat well with 2%.

Back
Top Bottom