Votes: 58 2.1%
  • Skunk

Votes: 26 0.9%
  • Rats

Votes: 56 2.0%
  • Cats

Votes: 52 1.9%

• Total voters
I was just on another thread talking about the risks of free ranging their birds. One persons comment was that their own dogs were their biggest threat to their birds. I have a dog, I love her, but if she killed my birds she would be a memory.

Ah, great, saw a bobcat a 1/4 mile from the house last eve. First bobcat sighted around this house in a hundred years.

Talked to the neighbor on down the road and they've been seeing it also. I'm afraid it has taken up a new home the way it looks. It is nice seeing one around here, but man, it couldn't have come at a lousier time. Watch it be female and pregnant :/
I may let my birds out into their run for the first time today ironically. I do have pets, including three dogs, all of which are excellent alert/patrol dogs so not so much worried about the bobcat as I am about chickenhawks. We have so many of those here there should be a State bounty on them along with unprotected status. Such b/s imo Practically one on every electric pole at times and the devastation they've done to the quail and rabbit populations is tantamount to a war crime.

Thank you very much ECarter and the same to you.
I let them out into the first part of their run today for the first time and a cat jumped at the panel/fencing. One got out due to a fault of my own and flew into some grass. The cat took off and the bird stayed until I was able to picked it up.
They won't be going back out to their run until I have the batting cage netting on the top, but they did enjoy their first trip outdoors. I'll be putting up an electric fence now for sure, 3-4 wires high should do I figure.

My parents had something they never knew what killing chickens and cats... it ripped their heads off and left them they lost 5 chickens and 1 momma cat and 3 4 month old kittens. Any idea what would do that? Seriously it was like a massacre. They blamed my dog at first but the next night we chained her and they lost another cat. Wild barn cats not pets

Back
Top Bottom