Official BYC Poll: Time for the Vet?

How likely are you to take a bird to a vet?

• Total voters
Sorry my hens are definitely pets.
No need for "sorry". I don't think there is a right or wrong answer here. We all have our birds for different reasons. I think we can all agree, that as long as we're not letting an animal suffer unnecessarily, we are all doing what we feel is best for our flocks (and wallets) to the best of our abilities.

No need for "sorry". I don't think there is a right or wrong answer here. We all have our birds for different reasons. I think we can all agree, that as long as we're not letting an animal suffer unnecessarily, we are all doing what we feel is best for our flocks (and wallets) to the best of our abilities.
You are absolutely right.:thumbsup

I agree bobbi. No shame in any position. I was just curious if the majority around here were more one extreme or the other.
I appreciate all the points of view and responses.

This is interesting and definitely seems to come down to the 1. Value placed on the bird (both sentimental and economic) as well as 2. Economic resources.
I think, if I had lots and lots of money I would probably hire a full time vet. He/she would get to deal with everything "off".
Having not a lot of money... well, darn. No handsome James Herriot for me. :(

Back
Top Bottom