Official BYC Poll: What Do You Do With Your Aggressive Roosters?

What Do You Do With Your Aggressive Roosters?

• I discipline/train them as adults

Votes: 74 22.8%
  • I train/tame them from young

Votes: 97 29.8%
  • I re-home/give them away

Votes: 81 24.9%
  • They end up in my pot

Votes: 134 41.2%
  • I've never had an aggressive rooster

Votes: 38 11.7%
  • I don't have/keep any roosters

Votes: 42 12.9%
  • Other (please elaborate in a reply below)

Votes: 31 9.5%

• Total voters
Pics
I only had one mean roo so far. But i loved him. Prince was my baby-child lol. He was great with his ladies and would probably have defended them to the death, but he got meaner and meaner towards humans. I tried to tame him again and force him to love me. Then I tried to make him fear me and know I was boss 'round here. Nothing worked. The last straw was when he started to learn to stalk me and run at me only when my back was turned. I have quite a few scars from his attacks.

He met his maker early one morning and is buried in our pet cemetery. I couldnt bring myself to eat him or even feed him to my dogs. And I wouldnt chance giving him away where he might injure someone.

Attachments

• 20210314_134531.jpg
    20210314_134531.jpg
    748.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 20210314_134526.jpg
    20210314_134526.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
I only had one mean roo so far. But i loved him. Prince was my baby-child lol. He was great with his ladies and would probably have defended them to the death, but he got meaner and meaner towards humans. I tried to tame him again and force him to love me. Then I tried to make him fear me and know I was boss 'round here. Nothing worked. The last straw was when he started to learn to stalk me and run at me only when my back was turned. I have quite a few scars from his attacks.

He met his maker early one morning and is buried in our pet cemetery. I couldnt bring myself to eat him or even feed him to my dogs. And I wouldnt chance giving him away where he might injure someone.
RIR roosters tend too be very human aggressive. Only had one friendly RIR rooster with all my years of raising them. We had too many.

RIR roosters tend too be very human aggressive. Only had one friendly RIR rooster with all my years of raising them. We had too many.
His brother, Kyle, is a sweet heart. Kyle took over the flock now that Prince is gone and is super nice and have never even attempted to challenge me. He maybe more human submissive since Prince used to whoop his butt. Kyle squats if I approch him. 😂 and follows me around for food and comes when he is called.
He is still learning to be gentle on his ladies those.. He obviously has his favorites 🙄

Back
Top Bottom