Official BYC Poll: Where Do You Buy Your Feed From & Why?

Where do you buy feed (and explain why below)?

• Total voters
Pics
Thats strange because I have noticed with the TSC brand and Dumor, the poop attracts a TON more flies and they seen to want to eat a lot more of the food, where as the other brands, purina, and some of the higher end organic brands, no fly problem and they eat less of it, and the quality of their eggs, poop, overall health is pretty much the same if not better.

Im all for saving a buck, and why pay 20 dollars for the name 'Purina' when you can get stuff thats just as good and healthy for 14 dollars by an off brand, but my experiences with the Dumor have not been so much better.

Aaron
Not sure if you know but the TSC brand and Dumor are made by Purina. I wonder why different feed made by the same company has different results. Maybe they use different ingredients?

I use Tractor supply for my quail feed and when I’m out and need it fast I go to my local feed store as tractor supply is an hour away. The feed store price is also 10 dollars more than tsc. But we also use tsc for pur dog food and Walmart for our cat food.

I order online or I buy cluck & co chick feed from TSC. If cluck&co had a better layer option I would maybe just get that too but for now I'm using Modesto Milling layer feed.

Wish I had a local mill closer to me.

I buy poultry feed at my local hardware stores or Tractor Supply depending on who has it when I need it.
Dog food from Walmart usually, very rarely Petsmart
Cat food at Walmart
Rabbit pellets at the local hardware store, Timothy hay at either Walmart or Petsmart (rarely Tractor Supply) - just depends on who has better quality that time
Parakeet food at Petsmart

Back
Top Bottom