Ended Official BYC Recipe Photo Contest - #1

Pics
When my husband and I were first together, he asked me to buy a certain "brand" of margarine in a tub for his toast.
I had always used real butter and certainly always either crisco or butter in my baking.
Anyway, I bought him some and one morning i sampled a piece of toast with this famous margarine spread that Everyone knows the name of in its yellow or brown tub. After one bite, I put my toast down and looked at him and said " well, I can certainly believe its not butter!"
I'Ve herd this saying but dont know if its accurate "Margarine is one molecule away from being plastic"

At least pure butter is still food that your body can put to use.
I was not sure if we were still whispering.

Last edited:
When my husband and I were first together, he asked me to buy a certain "brand" of margarine in a tub for his toast.
I had always used real butter and certainly always either crisco or butter in my baking.
Anyway, I bought him some and one morning i sampled a piece of toast with this famous margarine spread that Everyone knows the name of in its yellow or brown tub. After one bite, I put my toast down and looked at him and said " well, I can certainly believe its not!"
I'Ve herd this saying but dont know if its accurate "Margarine is one molecule away from being plastic"

I'm not sure, either.
Yeah, there's definitely a taste difference.

Anyway, I bought him some and one morning i sampled a piece of toast with this famous margarine spread that Everyone knows the name of in its yellow or brown tub. After one bite, I put my toast down and looked at him and said " well, I can certainly believe its not butter!"

I'm not sure, either.
Yeah, there's definitely a taste difference.

If only Sapphy had used that stuff, I could have made the joke that it should be "I Can't Believe It's Not Buttercream". :/

#125 French Toast Custard - prepared by HomesteaderWife 4/18-4/19 2021

Tastes almost like typical French Toast and a Buttermilk Pie had a mashup! My husband remarked that he tasted it first, and almost didn't want to add syrup to it- it tastes good on its own.

@The Farmers' Daughter

IMG_2105.jpg IMG_2106.jpg IMG_2107.jpg IMG_2109.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom