Official Contest: Worst Chicken Molt Pictures - Winner!

Nava,

I love Alex! No matter how many feathers she has.
Look at her face in the next to last picture,
she knows who is the best looking chicken.
she KNOWS it!

love.gif

Beth

member of the Alex fan club.

Thanks for this thread... I was beginning to panic about my precious Wilamena... she was on my lap last night napping... and when I went to put her back outside... she left enough feathers on me for a whole other bird. Scared me to death... she looks like she has been pulled through a hedge backwards.

Will she be cold outside like that? I kept her in to watch her and this morning she had lost even more feathers. Will post a pic tonight...

This is my first molt... so I wasn't really expecting it to be like this.

Thanks.

D

Wish I would have noticed this earlier on, I only have one left right now that is molting, well actually she is just starting to get a few feathers back on what was a almost completely bald chicken. Wish I had some pics of her then!
71081_pb030064.jpg

Guess I will just have to wait for the others to start!

Wow, those are some scary pics...

here is my BW roo before molt

10376_geoffry.jpg

and during molt. They get ugly during molt.

10376_img_0193.jpg

This is one of my 18 month old Buff Orpington hens. I took the photos this morning.

32818_301.jpg

32818_297.jpg

Poor little thing!!

Rob, hahaha, she does look pitiful!

My poor Black Australorp, Betty, started her molt last week. She blew her feathers out in a matter of days. I finally remembered to take my camera out so I could get some pics of her and she did NOT appreciate me trying to document her state of shame... I kid you not, she kept running from me! Well, here she is anyway.

Running...
10133_img_1292.jpg

Stopping to see where I am...
10133_img_1293.jpg

Running...
10133_img_1294.jpg

Running...
10133_img_1309.jpg

Unsuccessfully trying to hide...
10133_img_1316.jpg

lau.gif

Back