Official stud-book PMI-TN for Pavo Muticus Imperator

Pics
Great videos and pics . Thanks so much for sharing. Beautiful birds Reinhold. You can tell you treat em right. I could be wrong 100% wrong but 90% of those calls sound like some sort of IBs. I love the sound when he shakes his fan. I hear some parrots also. Either way I love the calls.
big_smile.png
Im just glad mine have never called like that for my neighbors sake. Lol! Thats one of the main reasons I have to keep greens and not blues here in the city. Otherwise I would probably have both. That IS really a interesting point about what you said about calls being imitated Minxfox. I could see that happening.

Last edited:
Great videos and pics . Thanks so much for sharing. Beautiful birds Reinhold. You can tell you treat em right. I could be wrong 100% wrong but 90% of those calls sound like some sort of IBs. I love the sound when he shakes his fan. I hear some parrots also. Either way I love the calls.
big_smile.png
Im just glad mine have never called like that for my neighbors sake. Lol! Thats one of the main reasons I have to keep greens and not blues here in the city. Otherwise I would probably have both. That IS really a interesting point about what you said about calls being imitated Minxfox. I could see that happening.
Thank you, I treat them as good as I can, these birds are an affair of my heart and a big pleasure for me. I’m happy that I had the chance and the possibility to import them.
You are right, on the other side of the barn are two IB which you are hearing and two parrots are around too.
Up to now I cannot confirm that my greens are imitating the IBs.

Well that is good that they are not imitating the blues. One thing I would not want to happen if I get green peafowl is for them to imitate the blue peafowl. I like how different the green peafowl sound.

Well that is good that they are not imitating the blues. One thing I would not want to happen if I get green peafowl is for them to imitate the blue peafowl. I like how different the green peafowl sound.

Me too, I like the "OUA"
lol.png

Where can I find a video or something to hear them? I probably have heard a few but I may not remember. I wonder how my spalding will sound since he is of mostly green blood.

Where can I find a video or something to hear them? I probably have heard a few but I may not remember. I wonder how my spalding will sound since he is of mostly green blood.
When you watch the video Apollo2 you can hear it exact after 2 minutes. The is a green male.

I caught that one at about the two minute mark as well.
wink.png
BlueCreek Go to you tube or google and put java green peacock talking to hear mine doing a little talking at about 12 seconds in. I also cant believe mine is the only video put up on there at all of any distinct vocalizations of ANY greens. And mine sucks but thats EXACTLY why I posted it!lol!

Last edited:
That is the sound I heard when I visited Rocking BAB Ranch. One of the greens was making that noise. Is that their version of the honking that the blues do?

That is the sound I heard when I visited Rocking BAB Ranch. One of the greens was making that noise. Is that their version of the honking that the blues do?
This is the call which green males are making during matting season. After approx. five month silence I’m happy to hear them again.

Back
Top Bottom