Official stud-book PMI-TN for Pavo Muticus Imperator

Beautiful Pea and i love how they have lots of room to roam
thumbsup.gif
and lots of grass
clap.gif

Thanks for posting those videos! It is nice seeing how the sun reflects off of the feathers, and the pens are very nice.

I finished watching the last two videos. It was awesome seeing him fan his train! It is neat how green peafowl do not display like blue peafowl that beat their wings. Is all of the screaming in the background mostly the green peacocks? Mine only scream like that during breeding season. Is it different with greens?

I finished watching the last two videos. It was awesome seeing him fan his train! It is neat how green peafowl do not display like blue peafowl that beat their wings. Is all of the screaming in the background mostly the green peacocks? Mine only scream like that during breeding season. Is it different with greens?

I think the green peafowl beat their wings too.
Today Peep was displaying and he didn't beat his wings at all. He didn't even turn and shake when a peahen walked by but he does that when I walk by.
I like how different the green peafowl sound. I read that sometimes when you keep green peafowl with India blues they imitate the calls that India blue peafowl make but they don't sound like they are imitating in this video.
That peacock has a great looking crest and I agree with the others, I love your aviaries and the grass.

You can definitely tell that you spend a lot of time with your birds because they do not act spooked with you in their aviary and they go about their business.
Oh and I like all of their names too!

Last edited:
The videos were just a snap-shot of the actual situation in December. The trains are not finished and still some feathers have to be mold but the males are slightly getting mating temper.
Apollo’s train is the longest at the moment and Cäsar is approx. 8 weeks behind him.
I hope they will come out of the barn in spring in same good condition.

Thanks for the videos from me too. I'm not familiar with your weather, will they have to be "in the barn" all winter, or does it sometimes warm up enough to enable them to be out for a few hours?

Thanks for the videos from me too. I'm not familiar with your weather, will they have to be "in the barn" all winter, or does it sometimes warm up enough to enable them to be out for a few hours?
You never know exactly what the weather is doing, but normally from End of December until middle of March they have to stay in the barn. In this period it is very seldom that they can go out for some hours.

Beautiful !
rem:
The color of the shorts of the male is black / gray ... + green highlights!
Green peacock molting is ahead with blue peacocks in Europe .... heating ?
The sexuet dimorphism is more important than on this drawing!

Beautiful !
rem:
The color of the shorts of the male is black / gray ... + green highlights!
Green peacock molting is ahead with blue peacocks in Europe .... heating ?
The sexuet dimorphism is more important than on this drawing!
With heating it has nothing to do, because up to now my green and blue once are having the same conditions. You will find blue once too which are very early.
Several times I could read that people have eggs from blue once beginning of April. For my once completely impossible, if I’m lucky they will start laying beginning of June.
The green peafowl are starting normally middle of April to beginning of May.
For me it is a mixed influence between species and individual.

The drawing is a nice picture but nothing else. You cannot use it to compare birds. There are big differences between males and females especially when you look to the neck crests etc. It is just a nice drawing.

Back
Top Bottom