Oh Craigslist, You Amuse Me So!

It was for the best when she died I was at a point in life I wasn't able to care for her as much as I needed to and my family had to help and when she passed I had to ask for help burying her, never looked into another dog because it seemed as soon as the thought of getting one came into the head, again life changed so it wadn't going to be fair to the dog, also my dog had health problems and was almost to the point I would have to put her down, but she suddenly got sick and passed. I just wish in a way my neighbors didn't get rid of their dogs about that time also I would have been happy to be 1/4 owner of a dog persay ie a weekend care taker for it.....

I like how you put the needs of another dog in the forefront. Ask around, maybe you can find someone that would like to share one with you (that's a great idea).

I like how you put the needs of another dog in the forefront. Ask around, maybe you can find someone that would like to share one with you (that's a great idea).
I have a new neighbor, but am afraid to ask if he needs help with his dog(s) because he's a cop and I would feel funny if one should happen to be a police dog and he should wonder why someone would ask to help out of the blue being new here.....

I have a new neighbor, but am afraid to ask if he needs help with his dog(s) because he's a cop and I would feel funny if one should happen to be a police dog and he should wonder why someone would ask to help out of the blue being new here.....
I find that welcoming a new neighbor with a doz chicken eggs is a nice way to break the ice. (Mainly because we live in a neighborhood, so I want to make sure they start off with a positive impression of chickens.) However, since you'll be talking about your flock/pets, you could also easily bring up how much you miss having a dog.

I'll be starting this soon.....We just lost all 3 surrounding neighbors in the last year.
1- nursing home (empty house)
2- passed away (daughter will live there 'til Sept)
3- moved to a new house 5 days ago (house goes on the market next week!)

What's so sad is that they've been there for 50+ years and all 3 women were like Grandmas to our kids.

@Faraday40 brings up a good idea @oldrooster. Go introduce yourself!

I used to know a guy on the police force that trained dogs for cops. He was a real interesting person and was always ready to talk about his dogs. If he knows you are interested, maybe once he gets to know you a bit, there will be times when he could use your help.

I find that welcoming a new neighbor with a doz chicken eggs is a nice way to break the ice. (Mainly because we live in a neighborhood, so I want to make sure they start off with a positive impression of chickens.) However, since you'll be talking about your flock/pets, you could also easily bring up how much you miss having a dog.

I'll be starting this soon.....We just lost all 3 surrounding neighbors in the last year.
1- nursing home (empty house)
2- passed away (daughter will live there 'til Sept)
3- moved to a new house 5 days ago (house goes on the market next week!)

What's so sad is that they've been there for 50+ years and all 3 women were like Grandmas to our kids.
Good idea!

Not CL, but ebay
rare ameraucana hatching eggs. wow.
Are you talking about the 2nd pic..... the "rare ameraucana" with feathered shanks & single comb? LOL
:lau

I googled "splash marans" & the image came up all over pinterest. I'm guessing the other images will be found other places online as well. I really dislike when people sell things & use other people's photos.

It's sad about a tragic life situation but there are bigger things to do than sell eggs.

Back
Top Bottom