Oh Craigslist, You Amuse Me So!

FB_IMG_1679697455056.jpg

I see you've been on my local craigslist.
"handbuilt chicken coops, $800" and it's a shipping crate with to holes drilled into it.
Shipping crate? Like out of plywood? My family used to get those for FREE and used them as our first chicken coops. They actually worked quite well and 10 years later we're still using the plywood in one of our barns today. As far as the $800... We got ours for free... :rolleyes:

Shipping crate? Like out of plywood? My family used to get those for FREE and used them as our first chicken coops. They actually worked quite well and 10 years later we're still using the plywood in one of our barns today. As far as the $800... We got ours for free... :rolleyes:
I wish I had shipping crates.
There was a fella on our craigslist who made "chicken coops/ rabbit hutches" out of big cable spools, he just covered the holes on both ends, cut a hole in the spool part, and cover it with chicken wire.

They make awesome above-ground planters for vegetables!

I wish I had shipping crates.
There was a fella on our craigslist who made "chicken coops/ rabbit hutches" out of big cable spools, he just covered the holes on both ends, cut a hole in the spool part, and cover it with chicken wire.
I’ve seen these. Pretty cool idea.

I've been seeing a lot of the casual poultry keepers really upset over the purina protein debacle. Unfortunately, I also have been seeing a lot of these casual keepers saying they are now feeding straight up corn rations to their birds! I can only scream into the void so long on that, but I gently remind people that corn is like candy for chickens.... Not a full food, very low protein and very low fat, hardly any micronutrients.. How does one approach this? the youtube homesteader feeds are full of these people, and soon they will have dead chickens with fatty livers. Should I say anything? lol

I've been seeing a lot of the casual poultry keepers really upset over the purina protein debacle. Unfortunately, I also have been seeing a lot of these casual keepers saying they are now feeding straight up corn rations to their birds! I can only scream into the void so long on that, but I gently remind people that corn is like candy for chickens.... Not a full food, very low protein and very low fat, hardly any micronutrients.. How does one approach this? the youtube homesteader feeds are full of these people, and soon they will have dead chickens with fatty livers. Should I say anything? lol
My tongue would be bleeding from biting it. You have to remember though - those types know everything. You'd likely get further beating your head against a brick wall.

Back
Top Bottom