Oh dear What have I done

iajewel

Songster
11 Years
Oct 22, 2008
Corning IA
Ok.. well Im gonna blame a good deal on ebay for this one. I have wanted quail for years but don't know a thing about them. Other then I live in Iowa and see them almost every day. I couldn't bring myself to spend hundreds on a bird I didn't know about. Soooooooo.. ya seeeeeeee.. There was an action on ebay where I bought 90 eggs.. for about 30 cents a piece. I have roughly 30 days to figure out where to put 90 or less.. baby quail. Any ideas on how to house these little darlings?

After a few days they can. Just cover the tub with small wire and you are good to go. Do you have the right feed for them?

Quote:
DOES A HOBBY HORSE HAVE A WOODEN... OH, UMM OOPS ALMOST FORGOT- FAMILY ENVIRONMENT AND ALL
smile.png

YES THEY WILL FLY QUITE WELL AND QUITE EARLY, IN SOME CASES THEY CAN JUMP OUT OF BROODER TOTES AT 1 WEEK OLD.... IF YOU USE THE PLASTIC BROODER BINS ROBO METIONS SIMPLY TAKE THE LIDS AND CUT THE INNER 2/3'S OUT LEAVING A RING - LIKE LID, THEN ZIP TIE A PIECE OF CHICKEN WIRE OR HARDWARE CLOTH OVER THE OPENING AND YOU CAN SIT YOUR HEAT LAMP DIRECTLY ON TOP OF THE WIRE (DO NOT LET IT SET OVER THE PLASTIC--- WIRE ONLY)

Back
Top Bottom