Oh, fer pity's sake, DO SOMETHING!

Hahaha -- I hate to be a one-upper...but you think YOU have it bad? Try being pregnant AND broody at the same time!
gig.gif
Between waiting for 'bator chicks (8 more days) and waiting for hatchery chicks (5 more weeks) and waiting for baby (13 more weeks!) I think I'm going to lose my mind.

Last edited:
Quote:
Okay, now that Really Sucks (tm)!! You definitely get the prize for Most Likely To Go Quite Mad!
bow.gif

On the upside here, we have 5 pips now and we are all chirping at the eggs just to watch them move a little.
tongue.png

I find drinking helps a lot with those Day 20 anxieties. A couple of whiskeys or a half-bottle of wine into it and it all starts to become funny.

My wife accuses me of being broody any time I heat up the box. She's in for a long spell of it this year!
tongue.png

Last edited:
A.T. Hagan :

I find drinking helps a lot with those Day 20 anxieties. A couple of whiskeys or a half-bottle of wine into it and it all starts to become funny.

Oh, sure...just rub salt in the wound...without the margarita to make it enjoyable. I can't even have a glass of wine to help ease my pregnant, broody impatience!

I forgot to add that I'm awaiting word from the goat farm on the arrival of some kids I'm hoping to buy, and we're picking up our first nuc of bees for our new beekeeping adventure in April. Longest. Spring. Ever.

YES! 6 Pips and one beautiful chick already out of the shell!! Good grief is that little critter LOUD! We are technically still on day 20 for another 3 hours.
wee.gif

I am with you all. Hatch time is 8 pm tonight if I could exactly 21 days. I have 2 pips and 1 rocker right now and no noise. Of course the computer fan is so darn loud I cant hear too much anyhow! I do have 11 blue Ameraucanas in the fishtank brooder though that are 2 weeks old...they are keeping me busy. THe waiting is like death though....Terri O (PS) we all are going to post pics of these babies RIGHT?

Okay, now here's how bad I have it!
tongue2.gif

I bought a cheap, used baby monitor on eBay so I could listen for peeps in the INCUBATOR. Sad, huh?
hide.gif

I already have one in the coop so I can listen to the girls every day.
caf.gif

Back
Top Bottom