Oh Muscovies you AMUSE me! Haha!

lovin my birds

Songster
8 Years
Mar 15, 2011
Odessa, MO
Lol! I have 2 muscovies that i got awhile ago. Well one went broody for me almost right away. So I let her sit on eggs.
clap.gif
Yay! Babies! Lol! Anyway, she started out with 25 eggs and when I candled for the first time I had to throw out 7. I went in to check on all of them tonight and to candle again to make sure all of them were still good . I started pulling them out and I started finding completely clear ones. I was siting there scratching my head thinking why are these clear. Then I counted to see how many I still had that were good. And there were 18, again I was scratching my head. Then my other scovy comes in and looks at what I am doing then she sits in the nest while my broody was out getting a drink and right there in front of me she lays an egg on top of the others.
gig.gif
She is such a little sneak. Every time my broody gets off the nest she goes in there and sits on the eggs. She wants to go broody but she also doesnt. Lol! She is letting my other girl sit on eggs and then I am sure that when her babies hatch she is going to take over the nest. Haha! She is letting Ariel( the broody) do half the work for her. Lazy little duck!
roll.png

Lol! I bet!
smile.png
It was just so funny. She was so proud of herself she walked over to me squeaking wanting treats. I swear she was saying "look mom. I am laying eggs in the nest that I dont have to sit on. Arent you proud of me!" Lol! She is always the little trickster.
wink.png

I have hens that do this so the first day of the "real " hens broody - i mark her eggs and then go in daily when she is off the nest and remove the non marked ones! Lil stinkers

Back
Top Bottom