Oh my gosh!!!!!

SIMPleChick

Songster
11 Years
Mar 10, 2011
Utah
I can not believe HOW MUCH I LOVE chickens! They are SO funny and adorable! Today my black sex-link was chasing after my dog while I was throwing a frisbee for her... I don't know what my chicken was doing running after the dog but even my husband laughed! They are SUPER quiet, I was really worried about them being loud but the wild birds in the bushes next door drown out ANY noises they make! I also LOVE the funny sounds they make! Today I brought them out of the coop again this evening for another hour or so while i did more yard work, they are still young, and everyone of them jumped out except for one. My barred rock, Mumford, was sitting on the highest Roost, making complaining sounds because she was left behind but she didn't want to go out! She was ready for bed! LoL!!! Chickens are SO funny! I am so glad ,y husband likes them too because I will probably, for sure, get more next year!!!! Hahahahahahaha!!
wee.gif

I know! Just watching them or today I found myself digging up dirt....JUST for worms! Hahaha! I know what you mean about melting your cares away...I was just diagnosed with lupus and am on a nasty drug that I will probably be on for the rest of my life...meaning no biological kids... My chickens give me something more to exciting in my day!

I agree, I am surprised how much I love watching them. I have wanted chickens for 5 years but have waited and waited. But this year I said I will not wait any longer! And I am so glad. My kids are 11 and 9 and we get the biggest kick out of them.

I have to admit chicken math got the better of me. Sometimes it still freaks me out too. At one moment on Monday I wigged out when I realized I have 18 chickens. Oh wait, chicks don't count so I only have 3, LOL. I tried that on my husband and he looked at me like I was crazy.
lol.png

I have to admit I am ready to get them out of my bathroom though! The 3 adults are moving from the garage to their coop and run this weekend I think. Then the tweens will go to the garage. Then just the new babies will be in my bathroom. It is kind of funny though when you go in to use the bathrooms and all the tweens come over to check out what you are doing and wonder where there chopped hard boiled egg is. I get no privacy!
hmm.png

I agree with ya all, chickens are sooooo entertaining and calming I could sit out back all the time and just watch them. I suffer from anxity and chickens are my drug of choice! LOL

I AGREE!!!!! I sit on the wall in the front yard sometimes and watch them play and do chicken stuff. DH tells me I look like a kid at the circus watching lions....and that people driving by probally think im nuts because I stand at the coop and talk to my chickens and make buck-a-buck sounds when im feeding them. hahaha It's all good though. And I stand by my arguement that I am NOT the only person in the world that sits and watches TV with a chicken in my lap.

I love, love, love my chickens too. The best part of my day is sitting on the back deck and watching them jump to get to the grape leaves. The are so funny.
gig.gif

Due to some stress I have developed a little anxiety also, nothing major, but I notice when I go outside and watch the chickens or even just out there with them I am a lot more calmer, Im nicer and less likely to lose my top with the kids or whatever else. They make me so happy.

Back
Top Bottom