OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

I just sell my extra eggs, about 3 dozen a week because I don't want to waste them. I know I could cook and feed to dogs, but I don't. In the past, I have had more eggs and more people interested in buying the eggs. I have lost at least 20 chickens this summer due to dogs and hawks.
Next summer, I plan to put a fenced in area inside our property so the neighbor dogs and our basset hound can't reach them.
You can also feed the eggs back to the chickens. When I worm my girls, instead of tossing the eggs I cook them & feed them back (plus give them the egg shells too). It helps me feel less wasteful when I have to worm them while they're laying.

You can also feed the eggs back to the chickens. When I worm my girls, instead of tossing the eggs I cook them & feed them back (plus give them the egg shells too). It helps me feel less wasteful when I have to worm them while they're laying.

Oh, that sounds like a great idea! Seems to make sense—I abhor waste as well.

Hello! I have to rehome my 5 hens. 2 white cochins, 2 Easter eggers and 1 barred rock. Will be a year old in April. Great egg layers. Have been very spoiled by me. Breaks my heart to rehome them but I am moving and can't take them with me.

Attachments

• 1231191756a~2.jpg
    1231191756a~2.jpg
    391 KB · Views: 6
  • 0130201849b~2.jpg
    0130201849b~2.jpg
    361.6 KB · Views: 5
You are about 2 hours away but I can bring the girls to you
How about we meet? Mansfield maybe? How soon do you need, I can do Tuesdays or Saturdays. I currently have 5 ridiculously spoiled girls-3 Easter Eggers, 1 Buckeye and 1 RIR. Was going to get chicks but don’t have a good brooder setup, this would be great. Rhode Island Red is 3yr and the others 2yr

Back
Top Bottom