OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

It's getting developed too (hence no roosters policy)
We're looking to move further out in about 5 years. Not enough land here!
That's too bad. Ohio is ridiculous. Whatever happened to our Governor who was so into wildlife habitat? Too many stars in his eyes and too much money in his pocket. apparently. :rant

Lucky you! Hope it's staying rural there! Ohio is going nuts with all this stupid development in central Ohio. Licking County is ruined forever.
So far, where I live is staying rural. As far as all the development goes, it’s ridiculous how greedy people just don’t get it. They keep buying up the land and pushing in on the natural untamed beauty of this state.

So far, where I live is staying rural. As far as all the development goes, it’s ridiculous how greedy people just don’t get it. They keep buying up the land and pushing in on the natural untamed beauty of this state.
We are setting up an online group here to try to educate people about preserving land, and keep people informed re all the stuff that is going on. We're hoping to at least slow some of this down. The only way to fight is to get a lot of people who care involved. We've been successful a couple of times. And there are a lot of people who do care, so it's worth a try everywhere. I'm not opposed to intelligent development, but this is not.

Hey y’all! I have another cockerel that I’m giving away. He’s a Silver Laced Wyandotte 17 weeks. I was hoping to keep this one, also a boy I got by mistake, but he is very protective of his girls when it comes to my other two roosters. I was actually surprised how he stood his ground against my big Orpington rooster, but I know that he will just end up getting hurt. I’m sure he’ll make a great flock protect though! And he has yet to show any aggression towards me. Again i live in Perrysburg, OH and won’t ship him but am willing to negotiating maybe meeting in the middle somewhere or dropping him off if your close enough. Also got him from Meyer hatchery. Thanks!View attachment 2990706View attachment 2990707View attachment 2990708View attachment 2990709
One more thing… I also have a female mallard that my hen hatched out last may. We found the egg in the middle of the yard (almost ran in over with the mower) and couldn’t find a nest anywhere but just happened to have a broody hen that I was about to put some eggs under. Anyway she is the only duck we have and I feel kinda bad for her and figure she’d be better of somewhere more fit for a duck. She has been inside this winter with my chickens and her nails are a bit overgrown and was wondering if you can clip them with nail clippers? Also if anyone would like to have her I would really appreciate it 😁
I like Meyer Hatchery a lot.... except that they are lousy at sexing chicks! It's why we're full up on roosters here....sorry.

We are setting up an online group here to try to educate people about preserving land, and keep people informed re all the stuff that is going on. We're hoping to at least slow some of this down. The only way to fight is to get a lot of people who care involved. We've been successful a couple of times. And there are a lot of people who do care, so it's worth a try everywhere. I'm not opposed to intelligent development, but this is not.
I completely agree with all of you points.

Back
Top Bottom