OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Hi Noelle! I know what you mean about getting them out of the house. At two weeks they are getting stinky!!!

You can move them to a coop outside any time, as long as you can safely place a heat lamp in there. That way if they get cold, they can huddle underneath for heat. If you can't do that, then I wouldn't move them out there until they are fully feathered (which is why they say 6-8 weeks but it might be sooner). September isn't all that cold yet, so maybe 4-5 weeks would be ok.

We haven't planned a NE Ohio get-together yet because most of us are pretty new, but that sounds like a good possibility for next year! I know there was one a few months ago down by Columbus but I couldn't make it. There's quite a few of us from North Ridgeville, Elyria, Independence, Westlake and now you too! If someone would be interested in planning, go for it! I am no good at that.

Welcome!!!!!
welcome-byc.gif

Hello! I am in West Milton, Ohio I do not have any chickens YET!!!! I am new to the whole thing but cant wait till spring to get started!

Twincreekfarm you are very close! If I need help I hope you will be there!

My turn! My name is Michelle and I live outside of Somerset, grew up in Roseville. I live on 5 acres with a few animals, planning for more come spring. 31 chickens right now, hoping to hatch some in a couple of weeks and definately more come spring! Our funny farm has 4 dogs, a cat, a lamb and two goats.

Michelle

DMK Ranch

Quote:
Hi Noelle! You are about the closest BYC member I've come across. Kent used to be my old stomping ground when I was a teen. Met my husband of 40yrs, at the Fifth Quarter in Kent (1967) I'm from Deerfield (home of the round square) and 1/4mi. from Berlin Lake. I graduated from Southeast High as did my daughter and son. My grandaughter is in 6th grade at S.E. Middle School.
woot.gif

I'm from Deerfield (home of the round square) and 1/4mi. from Berlin Lake.

I know where that is! When I was in school we did a competition at the lake and knew we were close, we had a VERY long bus ride, when we came upon the round square.

Michelle

DMK Ranch

Hi, all!

I'm from Columbus - Clintonville in particular - and we're just working on getting our coop and such ready to get our chicken permit. We'd hoped to do it soon, but chicken permits are a low priority for the health department, so we decided to take the whole fall and winter to prepare and get some hens in the spring - Buckeyes, we hope!

I'm going to be doing a lot of reading and learning here!

Back
Top Bottom