OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by twincreekfarm, Jul 25, 2007.

1. loveourbirds

loveourbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2013
    waverly ohio
    sorry to hear about the chick. but its a valuable lesson learned also.

if I may, im going to make a prediction in mlaff's chicken future. 5 years from now shes going to have a petersime model 20 redwood incubator, and a 25 acre polish/sillkie farm. she is going to develop the new breed Ohio silish or maybe Ohio polkie.

2. sammyf123

sammyf123 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 9, 2013
    kunkle ohio
    I miss raising goats!!!! I grew up on a dairy goat farm and raised purebred lamanchas. Showed goats at ADGA shows. We also had a few pygmies. Pygmies generally have a sweet disposition, although once in awhile you come across an ornery one or two. Pros: small size takes up less room than their larger dairy counterpart. Cons: that ornery one is just the perfect size for butting the back of your knee!!!!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
  3. cluckitall

cluckitall Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2012
    Mansfield OH
    My Coop
    Can I reserve my polkie now??? [​IMG]

I cannot believe it's June 2nd and I just got my garden tilled. I had tomato plants in the first week of May last year! Then again, with the frost we had up here the other morning I'm as glad I waited...

Good morning, everybody!

4. mlaff

mlaff Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2012
    I will say I found a picture on here of a beautiful roo. It was a silkie choc orp mix. Had the silkie brown feathers and the red comb and waddles of the orp. It was beautiful. It was first generation. Made me almost consider trying to breed for that. I love the silkie feathering and the brown against the red comb stood out. But would I breed for the black silkie legs or the yellow? Hmmm.:D the project wil be fun.

5. Chickawawa

Chickawawa Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2012
    Tawawa, Ohio
  6. Chickawawa

Chickawawa Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2012
    Tawawa, Ohio
    Just butting in because I saw your Scotties pictured in your avatar. We have one and just adore him! Oh yeah, we have chickens too! LOL

7. sammyf123

sammyf123 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 9, 2013
    kunkle ohio
    Hi all I was wondering if anyone is familiar with the American Breese(hope I spelled that right), I saw some chicks on craigslist and they looked pretty high for what looks like a blue footed leghorn lol

8. cluckitall

Jun 6, 2012
    Mansfield OH
    My Coop
    Hi Sammy! Yep, those are bresse all right (just went and looked). If you buy them direct from Greenfrre, they're $50. I'd say that's a fair asking price.

9. cluckitall

Jun 6, 2012
    Mansfield OH
    My Coop
    What a sweet picture! She's a pretty girl :)

10. mlaff

mlaff Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2012
    So excited for this week. My choc orp eggs are being sent out, I talked to the person and I'm getting 16. My other order of eggs is being sent out. It is paint/black/cuckoo silkie and showgirls, lemon bar turkens, and blue bantam turkens. Now I gotta figure out if I will be able to fit them all in the incubator or if I need to set up the styrofoam one also. But I figure I may have some damaged air cells or a crack, normally happens to me. Tomorrow I am also meeting one of my breeder friends for some sizzles. The last two I got are absolutely beautiful. Getting a black one, white one, and a surprise. Hehe DH has NO idea. I'm just slipping them into the broader with the new silkies and telling my kids to be quiet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by