OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by twincreekfarm, Jul 25, 2007.

1. loveourbirds

loveourbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2013
    waverly ohio
    its sad to say, my wife could probably slip some chicks in the brooder and I would never notice. I just keep building pens and barns to house them. when we had our NPIP tests done, they ask us what breeds we had. its sad to say the man who done the testing reminded us of 3 breeds LOL.

2. cluckitall

cluckitall Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2012
    Mansfield OH
    My Coop
    lol, LYB!!! I always have to sit there and count everytime somebody asks me. Plus I have a few singletons and never think to count them :)

I am celebrating today!!!! I got my first Swedish Flower hen egg! YAY!!!

3. mlaff

mlaff Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2012
    That's exciting! I can't wait for mine to start laying. Hopefully it will be soon.

4. TERRY4

TERRY4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2012
    Jeromesville, Ohio
    Congrats on the egg! I'm looking forward eggs from anyone here. But it won't be til about August. ;)

5. cluckitall

Jun 6, 2012
    Mansfield OH
    My Coop
    I am having the hardest time not popping the teeny little pullet egg in the incubator... I mean, it's not that teeny! And Terry, August will be here before you know it!

6. loveourbirds

Mar 27, 2013
    waverly ohio
    congrats on the sweedish flower egg. now I gotta figure out how to trade ya out of some [​IMG]

7. cluckitall

Jun 6, 2012
    Mansfield OH
    My Coop
    Wait till I've got a few more hens laying and we can do a swap! [​IMG]

8. DelcoChix

DelcoChix Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    Central Ohio
    I am sooo impressed by your swapping abilities!
    How in the world do you even begin to keep track of who gets/gives what? You have such a lovely variety of birds....I just wish you lived further away so I wouldn't be tempted to swap! I'm just down the street from you, so to speak....well, maybe 40 minutes down the road:)

9. cluckitall

Jun 6, 2012
    Mansfield OH
    My Coop
    Oh no kidding, DelcoChix! I had no idea you were so close :)

I have to admit, I have to write down everything IMMEDIATELY or I forget! I keep track of my swaps onsite because it's a lot harder to misplace my laptop than it is to misplace a notebook [​IMG] My swap page is here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/cluckitalls-swaps-and-stuff (They're easy to make!) Sometime in the next few weeks I have to update it with bird pictures -- I've been really remiss about getting that done.

Oh, and don't be horrified by the endless list of isbar swaps -- I took them over for a friend who's had a very rough winter/spring, a family member passing away, being in and out of the hospital... so I'm kinda pitching in and helping out. In return, I get isbars [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  10. loveourbirds

Mar 27, 2013
    waverly ohio
    its time I put my ignorance on display, what is the difference in an isbar and rhodebar? ive seen pics of both wondering if some were mislabeled.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by