OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by twincreekfarm, Jul 25, 2007.

1. TERRY4

TERRY4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2012
    Jeromesville, Ohio
    What a pretty little thing. Wish I could help. I'm sure someone must have something.

What is the bowl of marbles for? I think I know, but not sure.

2. mlaff

mlaff Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2012
    He still has no idea. LOL I went to buy 2 Maybe 3 and ended up with 4. Oops. I told my kids if they tell he will make us get rid of them. So far so good. :) I told him I won the eggs, not a lie because I won the auction. The chocolate silkie project started because of a picture that I saw on here.I fell in love. It is a f1 roo but so beautiful. The picture is below. Im in the process of talking to a breeder about getting a choc orp cockerel that is older and then trying to find a couple more black silkie girls. I just can't wait to start. I will work toward the silkie but may play with just making babies like the one in the picture.
    [​IMG]

3. mlaff

Mar 25, 2012
    Forgot, if anyone knows of anyone in the Cincinnati area or close (up to 1 1/2 hrs) who has older black silkie pullets for sale let me know. :)

4. Stevens21

Stevens21 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2013
    Mount Orab Ohio
    I might check out someone in Mount Orab that has some black silkies for $4, not sure if they are pullets though. I might check them out tonight if you want I can send you a text with a picture to see what you think.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  5. Rnbwbrite1207

Rnbwbrite1207 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast Ohio
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Finally getting around to sharing pics of all my sweet little Clucks. Looking forward to the Buckeye Fancy Feathers Show Saturday!

6. mlaff

Mar 25, 2012
    That would be great.thanks :)

7. loveourbirds

loveourbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2013
    waverly ohio
    when we feed and water our chickens, we will catch and look a few over each day. helps us keep up on toenail trimming, gives us an idea of weight, and we check for lice/mites. today it happened, I found a bird with mites. I started checking neighboring pens and found a total of 6 birds with it. I have spent the last 14 hours cleaning pens, dusting birds, and trimming toenails and beaks as needed. im almost 1/3 of the way done. I wish I still had the energy I had when I was 18.

8. mlaff

Mar 25, 2012
    That doesn't sound like fun. The only pests I have right now are my 4 kids who apparently think its the best thing to run around the run with the chickens. They literally spend all ay in there running around playing with chickens, hand feeding them, and looking for eggs.

9. loveourbirds

Mar 27, 2013
    waverly ohio
    be thankful your kids enjoy it. you would be surprised at how much they are learning from you. how to breed, and take care of chickens, how to hide chicks from your husband [​IMG] .

10. loveourbirds

Mar 27, 2013
    waverly ohio
    it appears that brussbars may be extinct.... do you think its worth re - creating the breed?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by