OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by twincreekfarm, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Stevens21

Stevens21 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2013
    Mount Orab Ohio
    They look pretty! It would be cool to bring an extinct bird back :hmm If there is a way for it to be done.

2. mlaff

mlaff Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2012
    Lol. I was messing with the incubator last night and DH asked if there were eggs in it. Told him no but some were coming. He said a smart remark and went to bed. LOL. I checked and they should be here by 2pm today! Can't wait to check my 16 little eggs. The other eggs I was supposed to get are not coming. The person had damage due to a storm and moved all of the chickens which caused them to stop laying.My friend told me a couple of her pullets that are related to mine started laying 3 days ago. When I told the kids they started to look for eggs because they want to throw them in the incubator too. Lol
    My youngest asked if she can start showing. I told her we have to find a couple of better quality chickens before she can breed. I don't know how to go about any of that. So guess during my week of summer break I will be researching so that hopefully she can show next year. The silkie eggs I was getting were from show quality parents but I'm going to keep an eye out for new ones or showgirls. She loves both breeds.

3. chickenpooplady

chickenpooplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2012
    Ohio
    My Coop
    Well, thanks to BYC member Stevens21, I picked up two buddies for my lonely Silver Campine chick yesterday. Stevens21 found them on Crags list for me. A local farm was selling them. They had ordered 300 barred rocks to sell in Lucusville Ohio but they still had 280. They were not far from my house. I grabbed the two darkest ones that I could find, hoping that they are female. I brought them home and put them in with the little Campine chick. While I was dipping their beaks in the water, she started to attack them. She continually pecked their eyes and combs even though she is half their size!

I guess she was just trying to show them who was boss because by the end of the night she calmed down and they are getting along great.

[​IMG]

Thank you for everyone's help in finding chicks!

4. Stevens21

May 19, 2013
    Mount Orab Ohio
    I am glad that she has some buddies now! And that the place wasn't far from you!

5. mlaff

Mar 25, 2012
    Definitely just found my next batch of eggs. May even have to buy a egg turner for my styrofoam incubator to fit them all. :) but can't resist. Cream legbar, wheaten and lavender Americana, marans in an assortment, and as always the silkies. Total ill probably be getting 48-60 eggs. Oh how DH will kill me. But I will be the happiest chick mama. That's including another set of choc orps. Lol haven't even put my eggs in the incubator and I'm already planning my next hatch. Yep, chicken math is horrible. These pullets better start laying so I can sell some eggs.

6. Stevens21

May 19, 2013
    Mount Orab Ohio
    That sounds like a great mix some of them are on my want list. Will you be getting them shipped or locally? I don't think I could do that many eggs, if this batch turns out good then I already want more of things that I don't have lol Chicken Math is bad

7. mlaff

Mar 25, 2012
    Yes, they are shipped. I ended up getting 12+ cream legbar today. She is shipping them out at 2pm. Couldn't pass up the price. The marans are going to have to wait until june and I will just get my silkies with them. My chocolate orp eggs showed up. While unpacking them I cracked one when I was unpacking it. Instead of trying to use wax I just cracked it and it was fertile. My CLB eggs will be here Friday and I'm setting them in the incubator on Sat with the choc orps. They will go into lockdown 2 days early. Ive been told a couple times that lock down a little early is no big deal. This way DH wont notice that I have more coming either :) I am putting my choc orps in late tomorrow night and my CLB will be in the incubator early Sat morning.

8. mlaff

Mar 25, 2012
    If I have extra I will let you know. I have to sex the choc orps before I start selling them but since the CLB are auto sex I can let you know right away with them.

9. blessedchick

blessedchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2011
    Eggs everywhere! I have 7 peacock eggs in one 'bator, silkies in the hatcher, guinea eggs under 2 broody silkies and silkie eggs under another. So much fun...It will be cute to see my silkie girls with "their" guinea babies...[​IMG]

10. loveourbirds

loveourbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2013
    waverly ohio
    clucktail, did you say you wanted to see our operation?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by