OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

This rain is killing me. Woke up and the chickens were running around the yard. The temporary gate blew over. Put them all in the coop and opened the other coop. Gave 3 areas water before it stated hailing and had to come back in. Doesn't Mother Nature know I have things to do?

This rain is killing me. Woke up and the chickens were running around the yard. The temporary gate blew over. Put them all in the coop and opened the other coop. Gave 3 areas water before it stated hailing and had to come back in. Doesn't Mother Nature know I have things to do?

Ok- this is my first time posting on here! I am curious as to if there was a Facebook page or poultry selling/swapping in central Ohio? I live east of Columbus right outside of Newark, Ohio. Anyone close!? I'm looking to buy a few silkie hens and I want a pretty rooster! (Not silkie) for my golden comets hens
smile.png
Welcome Clark2390!!!! I'm just north of C-bus, Marengo area. I breed silkies (only juvies available at this time, so if you want to take a chance on getting a roo...). I also have Olive Egger roosters, 5 to choose from, free for the taking.

You will love BYC!! Great people and lots to learn!

If it makes you feel any better, I thought the storm was going to miss us entirely, so I left the six 2 month olds outside in their special area under the coop. WRONG decision on my part, as the yard and garden started flooding and I ended up outside crawling under the coop in the rain and lightening at 2:00 AM saving their little fuzzy butts. The Cochin looked like a drowned rat. Poor baby.

Blessedchick- I think you're closest to me. I want at least 2 silkie hens, I am hoping they will be broody and hatch chicks for me! :) I have 2 incubators but its soooo much work! I don't mind to get a male, silkies are just so much fun to look at :). Also, my chickens are free range, they only get locked up at night, so do you think the silkies will be ok with the other chickens? Also, for those of you who have roosters they are wanting to find new homes for please send me a pic or put one on here! Thank you! :))))

If it makes you feel any better, I thought the storm was going to miss us entirely, so I left the six 2 month olds outside in their special area under the coop. WRONG decision on my part, as the yard and garden started flooding and I ended up outside crawling under the coop in the rain and lightening at 2:00 AM saving their little fuzzy butts. The Cochin looked like a drowned rat. Poor baby.

Aw.mpoor babies. Ours wasn't that bad until this morning.it said the rain would be gone by 8. Lol not the case. Spent a good amount of time in the garage because of hail. The weather man lied to me :/

Blessedchick- I think you're closest to me. I want at least 2 silkie hens, I am hoping they will be broody and hatch chicks for me! :) I have 2 incubators but its soooo much work! I don't mind to get a male, silkies are just so much fun to look at :). Also, my chickens are free range, they only get locked up at night, so do you think the silkies will be ok with the other chickens? Also, for those of you who have roosters they are wanting to find new homes for please send me a pic or put one on here! Thank you! :))))

My silkies are with all my egg layers and do fine. I've found my smallest chicks tend to pick on the bigger ones. It is actually comical to watch.

Blessedchick- I think you're closest to me. I want at least 2 silkie hens, I am hoping they will be broody and hatch chicks for me!
smile.png
I have 2 incubators but its soooo much work! I don't mind to get a male, silkies are just so much fun to look at
smile.png
. Also, my chickens are free range, they only get locked up at night, so do you think the silkies will be ok with the other chickens? Also, for those of you who have roosters they are wanting to find new homes for please send me a pic or put one on here! Thank you!
smile.png
)))
Welcome! I am one of the rare BYC folks who also have a few boys they need to sell! OK...maybe not all that uncommon, but still...
big_smile.png

I have (at least) five 12 week old cockerals...the jury's out on three others who have decided to play hard to determine gender games with me, and I'm about 40 minutes from you (Delaware County), so if you're still looking here's what I know I have:

(2) Bluebell cockerals They are white with minimal blue splashes--a cross between a Black Copper Marans and Rhode Island Red, supposed to be excellent egg layers, unless they're boys. $5 each

(3) Marans--I have a Blue, a Blue Splash, and Blue Copper $10 each

I also may have one other Bluebell that is a salt-n-pepper look, and an Easter Egger that I'm still foolishly hoping is a she....
The pics are of the ones I know are boys...and if you're interested in more than one,the price is negotiable! Just trying to recoup a little of what I spent to get them as day old chicks...
Marans

Splash Marans

Bluebell Splash

Blue Copper Marans

Bluebell Splash

Last edited:
If it makes you feel any better, I thought the storm was going to miss us entirely, so I left the six 2 month olds outside in their special area under the coop. WRONG decision on my part, as the yard and garden started flooding and I ended up outside crawling under the coop in the rain and lightening at 2:00 AM saving their little fuzzy butts. The Cochin looked like a drowned rat. Poor baby.

LOL Aw, poor things. Although, I must admit, a perturbed wet chicken is a humorous sight.
84TAm.gif

I was the other way around with the storm. I heard all these rumors and reports that it was meant to be disastrous, and I freaked out because we JUST got our oldest chickens (and all the ducks) in the new coop and I didn't want anything to happen to them (cant say I honestly completely trust DH's craftmanship yet..) or even for them to be afraid (ridiculous, I know), so I went and gathered them up and put the chickens in the bathroom and the ducks in the laundry room. Went to bed with a flashlight in hand. ..We never got more than 10 minutes of dry thunder and lightening, and a light spring shower.
cFoTl.gif
Of course.

Okay...here are some pix of the roosters that I am offering up for free
ya.gif

There is also one that is black with the copper "flame" markings down his back.
They are all Marans x EE crosses (Olive Eggers)

Just let me know if interested!

Back
Top Bottom