OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Well your half way there.

I have a hard time understanding why everyone doesn't embrace the pleasure that is raising Brahmas. Quite possibly the most beautiful and pleasant breed available. Some people may think I am possibly biased, those people probably just haven't met the right Brahma yet.

Oh I am more than half way there :) We have 5 buff from TSC and while they are not show quality they are so sweet!
We also have 7 buff laced, trio of lavender columbian, what looks like a pair of blue laced gold, and 9 gold laced. Ranging in age from 10 days to 4/5 months. Not a bad apple in the bunch! At least not yet.

The reason why I chose the Brahmas is because they are the Newfoundlands of the chicken world. (We have had newfies for 18 yrs)
They may be huge but their temperaments are amazing ! Many of our chickens love to cuddle and fall asleep on our laps and they are just wonderful with our kids :)
When friends come over they are amazed at how friendly they are and that they dont bite.

So yes, Big Med,I totally agree and I am glad I did lots of research and got these guys.
Now to get rid of my remaining 3 Sebrights!

Hello all you poultry lovers,I'm in Frankfort(between Greenfield and Chillicothe) Ohio in Ross County.I raise chickens and hoping to get some other fowl soon like geese and guineas,glad to see a lot of BYC members are in Ohio.
ya.gif
celebrate.gif
Hello chicken farmer!
frow.gif
Just over the hill and thru the woods (kinda!) from you. In Marshall, east of Hillsboro. What kind of chickens do you raise?

Mary Remley in Morningview, KY sells Hiland Naturals feed. It's non-GMO and they also have organic. She does a monthly delivery to Batavia and Kenwood. Her username is startingover on here if you want to look her up. There is also Dale Filbrun up in West Alexandria that mixes and sells organic feed.
Thanks lisaequine1! I will check them out. That isn't terribly far from here. Is West Alexandria in KY? My daughter lives in Alexandria, KY. Sure would like to find a convenient place.

Hey all, just came across this thread, (by back checking posts after one of you posted on a different thread actually, hope that doesn't sound too stalkerish).

Anyway, I read back several pages here and saw some mention of you folks getting together for a swap. Not sure where most of you ar e located, or if you are aware of a small twice monthly swap that happens at I-71 and St. Rt 73, Clinton County. Second and Fourth Sundays of the month, across the road from Caesar Creek Flea Market, or Treasure Isle I believe they now call it. $10 set up fee. I'm not affilliated with this swap other then selling birds occasionally, and mostly just going to socialize.
welcome-byc.gif
That's good info to know. Live in Hillsboro, so that's not too far from me. Might check it out sometime.

welcome back! im a little behind myself I guess. are we planning 2 swaps now?
The one in Clinton co was mentioned by big medicine. It is across from ceasar creek flea market. It is an ongoing thing. I believe he stated it was 2nd and 4th sunday of every month. I believe the one in mt orab is still a go. I haven't heard any different. I hope so. I'm going to try to make that one. I also have a friend who is interested in coming!

Hello chicken farmer!
frow.gif
Just over the hill and thru the woods (kinda!) from you. In Marshall, east of Hillsboro. What kind of chickens do you raise?
Hello,I'm glad to see someone so close.
ep.gif
I have cornish broilers,ameraucana,silkies,white rock,gold sexlinks,and black sexlinks. And I'm hoping to get some more soon.....what do you raise?

Hello,I'm glad to see someone so close.
ep.gif
I have cornish broilers,ameraucana,silkies,white rock,gold sexlinks,and black sexlinks. And I'm hoping to get some more soon.....what do you raise?

I have araucanas, speckled Sussex, cuckoo marans, red sex link, rosecombed brown leghorns, Egyptian fayoumis, blue andalusians, buckeyes, black copper maran, porcelain bantys, silver spangled hamburgs. I think that is all!!! All of them are hatchery stock except the buckeyes, and black copper maran. I bought the buckeyes off of a breeder here on byc, and the black maran off of "trash and treasure" radio program.
big_smile.png
There is a swap being planned in mt orab I believe on the 8th of sept. Check back on page 423 or there abouts. The info on particulars should be there.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom