OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Cluckitall, where did you get your Isbars and how long have you had them? Are you getting those beautiful green eggs? I have 5, 3 month olds that I got from Waltz's in CO, 2 Roos and 3 hens. They are friendly, so fun to watch, and so pretty. I'm excited for eggs.

Okay, Chickawawa, I keep promising you basque pictures :) They didn't come out as well as some of the others -- the roo just would NOT sit still, lol! But here's a couple of one of the hens and my roo: (he wouldn't even stay with the hen, that bad boy! He kept jumping down.)
Yay! Thank you! Can't wait to get our chicks from you!:jumpy

I have a hard time understanding why everyone doesn't embrace the pleasure that is raising Brahmas. Quite possibly the most beautiful and pleasant breed available. Some people may think I am possibly biased, those people probably just haven't met the right Brahma yet.

Agreed! Of my various breeds, my brahmas are THE sweetest things. Better pets than all my cats and dogs combined. :p

So sorry!
We had the same thing happen to us last week!
When we got our first Brahmas from TSC back in April a few of them ended up being Sebrights.They were labeled dark brahmas and they were all the same size
roll.png

Fast forward to last week ...... we ended up with 3 Seabright roosters and two pullets. The one roo killed one roo and injured the other. We were able to save him . The really mean roo is gone also. hubby took care of that! Now the three Seabright that are left are starting to pick on my beautiful10 week old laced brahmas. This started yesterday.All of my birds free range but I keep the younger ones in a big fenced in area. now the sea brights are getting in the pen picking on my brahmas! They are out of here!

Wow, I am so sorry mlbs, that you went through this, and your fav baby too. I would have to get rid of that bully NOW! How awful! I don't see if he lived? If so I'd put antibiotic ointment on that, thick.

yea my long tail mix rooster is trying to do his job! the only problem is he tried to do it to my blue lace red Wyandotte roosters... I think he's a little confused!

Cluckitall, where did you get your Isbars and how long have you had them? Are you getting those beautiful green eggs? I have 5, 3 month olds that I got from Waltz's in CO, 2 Roos and 3 hens. They are friendly, so fun to watch, and so pretty. I'm excited for eggs.

Mine came from Greenfire Farms, back when they used to be selling them. They're a little under a year old now, and yes! I have to agree, they are so sweet-tempered, and lay the loveliest minty green eggs :)

Back
Top Bottom