OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

This is definitely off topic, but is anyone else having a pop-up from bizcoaching.info with Fad.adserverplus.com in the http address saying "ATT. it is recommended that you download FLV MPlayer to continue". I get this every time I log in to byc. It has been there for the last week or so. Just want to know if it is just me or everyone. Sorry if I'm asking in the wrong place, just wanted a comment or 2.
Nope.

So many swaps I can't keep track! lol
And I use mainly my iPod for BYC, but when I have used the desktop lately, I haven't had that problem either, happychicks. Wish I was technical enough to know what's up with that for you.

Hey Central Ohioans! I spoke with Scott from Champion Feed in Delaware and he would love to host a poultry swap this Fall! I promised him that I would get more info about how to organize one and how much interest there would be. So....would ya'all be interested in a swap in, maybe, October? Anybody have details on how to organize one (prices for space, how much space, liability, etc)? WOO-HOO!

I would definitely be interested. I have a swarm of Araucana cockerel chicks this summer that I would like to find homes for.

I'm the new proud owner of 5 chocolate wyandottes(direct Foley breeding), 3 black orps(100% English), and 11BLRW(direct Foley breeding). Plus I'm less 3 snowy calls! Woohoo

Of course the day I plan on going to the fair it is raining. Urg! May just head up there anyway. They had their sale this morning but I'm hoping I can find something to bring home with me. Especially silkies or polish. Fingers crossed :D usually we see for sale signs on the cages on sat after judgings.

Hey Central Ohioans! I spoke with Scott from Champion Feed in Delaware and he would love to host a poultry swap this Fall! I promised him that I would get more info about how to organize one and how much interest there would be. So....would ya'all be interested in a swap in, maybe, October? Anybody have details on how to organize one (prices for space, how much space, liability, etc)? WOO-HOO!

Good work, Leslie.

Keep us posted on the dates. I'm planning on a September hatch of Buckeyes and some hybrid Buckeye x Barred Rocks (maybe). I would be happy to set some more Buckeye eggs for an October hatch if you manage to pull this off.

As far as space is concerned, I'm sure he'd use the front of the parking lot in front of the entrance. Went to their cook-out a couple weeks ago when I was picking up turkey feed and thought that area around the entrance would be perfect for a swap.

OH happy chicks,

Your sig line says you have Silver Spangled Hamburgs. Are they LF or bantams? I ordered some from Meyer last year and they were definitely bantam sized. I've been looking for LF Hamburgs for a while and have only found two breeders, one online and another guy in the Northeast who is an APA judge. I'm also interested in Blue Andalusians and have been looking for a local or at least in-state breeder for next spring. Got one lead but haven't followed up on it yet.

Thoughts on organizing:

If it's in a parking lot, I'd think maybe the easiest way to organize space would be by parking lot slot :) I don't know what his lot looks like, but if he cordoned off one half the lot and rented vendor spaces by the slot (or two slots), maybe that'd work?

Here's a link to the Troy swap meet's vendor application (it's a pdf, just so you know) which might give some ideas:
http://www.troyswap.com/pdfs/Application_2013.pdf I know some of the TSCs hold swaps occasionally, so obviously there's some way of addressing liability issues that works for them, but I don't know how they handle it.

Hopefully the vendor spaces wouldn't be that expensive, lol! The Troy swap is pretty big and well-established, plus the lot rent and admission is the way they get paid -- I'm assuming he'd be doing it as advertisement for the store somewhat, as well. Speaking of, as far as advertising goes, I'd bet advertising it on craigslist, here, and maybe the local paper and/or Columbus Dispatch would probably do just fine
smile.png
YAY!! Thank you all so much for your input! I will definitely be passing this info along to Scott. Between the two of us and all of your help I hope that we can make it a success!

Rick, the front of the store would be perfect. It does have parking, so those could easily be sectioned off into "booth" areas. I suppose that I better go to a swap before I try to organize one...Which would be the next one, closest to Marengo/C-bus area???

And I would love to learn more about the liability details from TSC...you all have been so helpful!!!

YAY!! Thank you all so much for your input! I will definitely be passing this info along to Scott. Between the two of us and all of your help I hope that we can make it a success!

Rick, the front of the store would be perfect. It does have parking, so those could easily be sectioned off into "booth" areas. I suppose that I better go to a swap before I try to organize one...Which would be the next one, closest to Marengo/C-bus area???

And I would love to learn more about the liability details from TSC...you all have been so helpful!!!
I'm going to work on the TSC part down here.

Back
Top Bottom