OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Please send prayers, my Hubby had a freak four wheeler accident and was taken to OSU.He is home now but has a way to go still. He has a fractured temperal lobe (sp), bleeding in his ear,broken collar bone, road rash badly and his face surgery was 4 hrs long to repair the damage. Thank you all and I will try to read up on the thread when I can. Prayers to you all facing hard times and hope your flocks are well.
Will be praying for both of you! Prayers for a good and speedy recovery!
hugs.gif

Anyone??!! She is absolutely FREE.

I am looking for various farm birds to add to my flock. I currently have chickens, peafowl, and a turkey. I am specifically looking for muscovy ducks (adults or chicks), silkie hens (adults or chicks), peahen (adult or chick), turkey hen (adult or chick), and/or any rescue bird that may have health problems or special needs (I have a lot Veterinary experience and get a lot of joy from giving special needs birds extra love; they always do great in my flock!). I am sorry, although roosters are my favorite, I have too many and would not like to add any more to my flock unless they are special needs.

Thank you!

Check CL...this was posted today, Logan Ohio

I am looking for various farm birds to add to my flock. I currently have chickens, peafowl, and a turkey. I am specifically looking for muscovy ducks (adults or chicks), silkie hens (adults or chicks), peahen (adult or chick), turkey hen (adult or chick), and/or any rescue bird that may have health problems or special needs (I have a lot Veterinary experience and get a lot of joy from giving special needs birds extra love; they always do great in my flock!). I am sorry, although roosters are my favorite, I have too many and would not like to add any more to my flock unless they are special needs.

Thank you!

Check CL...this was posted today, Logan Ohio

Check CL?
Id be happy for them to have her.she lives an hour away.

Please send prayers, my Hubby had a freak four wheeler accident and was taken to OSU.He is home now but has a way to go still. He has a fractured temperal lobe (sp), bleeding in his ear,broken collar bone, road rash badly and his face surgery was 4 hrs long to repair the damage. Thank you all and I will try to read up on the thread when I can. Prayers to you all facing hard times and hope your flocks are well.

Oh my! Praying for a speedy recovery! And for you, I know that's gotta be rough on you too.

I could use prayer for myself and hubby, too. He left Tuesday for military training (which I know will be stressful on him) and I'll basically be a single parent for 7-8 months. :( And now I'm feeling under the weather because I stressed out so bad Tuesday that I made myself physically sick.

Ugh and last night I found what I think were red mites in the quail cage..in the house! Haven't noticed any on/near the chicks inside nor the birds outside, but I'll have to inspect closely now. Lice I can handle...mites I was hoping to never see. Guess I'll be sprinkling Sevin dust today.. ? :barnie

On a happy note, before DH left, we got my bird run expanded/prettier. :D Going to make some frames to cover parts of the remaining grass so they can't scratch it all up.
Pardon the mess in front..I've been moving things around in the storage building and haven't put those things back in yet.

Also got this pen built:

..for this fatso. :p (Sold to me as a "40-lb max mini pig" as a baby.. she's over 150 lbs now. :lau)

Shay prayers and hugs to you. I haven't had to live with deployment but turkey hunting drives me nuts. Pls ask for help when you need it. I am having to now with hubby being injured and my bulging disc surgery approaching. Your pens look great! It's not a mess sweetie is a job in progress. My coop is in the middle of being chinked and ladders are around it till we are more mobile. Keep your chin up and keep praying, it's all I have done for a week now. OSU medical was a great place for hubby to be treated but it's not like being home. I am so thankful he is still with us and getting better.
Thank everyone for thoughts and prayers. I have no clue how I have done all this without strength from above. Our local hospital told us he wouldn't survive and once he transfered to OSU we were told his injuries were not life threatening. Thank the Lord!

Last edited:
Shay,

If you need any help around the farm, please feel free to ask. I'm sure my unit's FRG team would be willing to help as well too.

-Cam
(your nearby-enough National Guardsman)

Is your husband in the NG with the unit in Portsmouth? If so, I am in the same battalion, although a different company.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom