OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

I will be spending a majority of my time at the show around the American Buckeye Club table. We have all kinds of goodies, raffles, and club merchandise and some great handouts on the breed. Feel free to come check us out. Bring the kids by too.

Quick question for those in the CINCINNATI area.

Where do you get your chicken feed for the best prices. I have a Tractor supply near me but I would like to know if there are better places around.

Also - where in the world do you find duck feed? I am planning on hatching some ducks in Feb and can't find any food for them.

Thanks!

I go to rural king in my town, just got some layer crumbles and pellets there, I think it was around $10-12 a bag. I used to buy from TSC but it was around 17 a bag I think, been a while.

No idea on the duck feed, but I would love to get some ducks at some point too.

I have went to rural king, but for whatever reason, my hens do not like the layer pellets as well as the ones from a local feed store we go to. Rural King is cheaper by $1-$2 a bag, so I was excited. But they don't care for it, so the roosters eat it up and the hens stop laying. They do have duck feed there also. Worth a try. Maybe my hens are just picky.
hmm.png

Last edited:
I go to rural king in my town, just got some layer crumbles and pellets there, I think it was around $10-12 a bag. I used to buy from TSC but it was around 17 a bag I think, been a while.

No idea on the duck feed, but I would love to get some ducks at some point too.

Ya I was thinking the TSC's prices were a bit steep. I once went there for rabbit feed and I was not happy with their selection.

I plan on being there. Was hoping to pick up some Silver Spangled Hamburgs, but the exhibitor got a new job and won't be there. Still, the North American Hamburg Club is having a meet, so hopefully I'll meet some of them.

Most importantly, I plan on hanging out with the Buckeye folks. Great bunch of people. I had a really good time with them last year and since even more will be there this year, we should really have a blast.

Hi, I'm looking for some non-production Buckeyes. I'm in Northeast Ohio. does anyone have pairs/trios they are willing to part with?

Quick question for those in the CINCINNATI area. 

Where do you get your chicken feed for the best prices. I have a Tractor supply near me but I would like to know if there are better places around. 

Also - where in the world do you find duck feed? I am planning on hatching some ducks in Feb and can't find any food for them.

Thanks!

I probably have way more birds than you but I have my local mill mix feed for my birds. I have chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys & quail. My mix is very low soy & over 17% protein. Flock raiser is 18% protein & works well for ducks. My younger birds are given a mix of 20% protein gamebird pellet mixed with 25% protein distiller's grain. I ferment all feed.

Back
Top Bottom