OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Tonitalley, lol um yeah its a big coop but it will have two pens, a double level brooder and storage space inside when finished. if I remember correctly the run for the cochin pen will be 12x16'and then the other run space will be ?'x 5' for the other pen. Current coop is 8x12 and run is 16x16 plus a leg of 8x4.

Hi everyone

I live in PA, but I'm looking for some call ducks in southwest Ohio. I need adult females. Any color is fine, and they'll be pets. :) Thanks

Ohio is not allowed to sell birds across state lines right now, unless the place you get them from is NPIP certified. You will need a copy of the certificate. Ducks are included.

Just an FYI, not trying to rain on a parade. I'm not NPIP either...

Oh well...

Oh well...
I am npip and AI tested clean till November when they'll hopefully come retest then. I have to see what I've got but I think I have 1 snowy I'll let go.

I wasn't too concerned about the ban to be honest, I mean who's gonna know?
1f602.png

Tonitalley, lol um yeah its a big coop but it will have two pens, a double level brooder and storage space inside when finished. if I remember correctly the run for the cochin pen will be 12x16'and then the other run space will be ?'x 5' for the other pen. Current coop is 8x12 and run is 16x16 plus a leg of 8x4.

That's an awesome set up! They are gonna love it!
thumbsup.gif

Hello all! Been a while since I posted last. Have had some MAJOR raccoon problems and lost several of our chickens this spring. Very sad (with the exception of our VERY nasty roo we couldn't seem to dispose of ourselves no matter how many times we got punctured by those nasty spurs!). We are still fairly new to the chicken addiction, and I knew predators would eventually happen, but it was still a shock. Word to the wise for my fellow newbies, never forget to lock up your flock! Between us and our neighbor (who also lost some) we have caught and "disposed of" 6 raccoons! My daughter is religious about locking them up now and we are installing an automatic door opener this week so we should be good. (I built the coop well so it is very critter-proof as long as the door is closed. )
All that being said I am posting in the hopes that someone might have some info or advice on another matter. This spring I let my daughter raise six chicks to add to our flock. We bought them at the Johnstown branch of the Granville Milling Co. I let her pick them out without paying enough attention to her picks. We ended up with 2 birds we were recently told were meat birds and we'd need to kill them sooner than later. My daughter swears they are called Cornish rock crosses.( I can't remember) I THOUGHT I read a blurb the mill posted describing them as dual purpose birds, but now I'm unsure. They aren't very much bigger (and grew about the same rate)than the other 4 (brahma and sex link) and they don't eat constantly like I read meat birds do. I was just wondering if anyone out there might know what we actually have and if they might be dual purpose birds or if they are truly are a meat breed?
(Oh. Forgot to say they are white with a small amount of black on their shoulders. If that helps any.) Thanks!

Could they be Columbian Wyandotte? -- They are dual purpose and good layers.

ColumbianWyandotteHen.jpg

Or Light Sussex? -- They are also dual purpose

dsc_0135.jpg

Although... how do you tell those two apart? Takes a more experienced Chicken lover than me!

Then there's the Delaware, though I think your daughter would've remembered that simple name
DelawareHens22413.jpg

I have a Delaware (love her). Also a dual purpose with good egg production. Their black markings on the neck are a little less defined than the other two breeds above. Very visible, for sure, but made up more of spots than stripes if you know what I mean.

Wow! Thanks for all the suggestions! I'm sorry I've not been back on to respond sooner. It's been CRAZY around here. I still haven't managed to snap some pics but the birds in question are marked just like the Delaware in that last photo posted by broodymama2 but they have the small peacombs like the Sussex. They also have very yellow feet and aren't as filled out yet.
Also big shout out to Poultryqueen101. Your list was very helpful. We are just down the road (so to speak) in Jersy! I wish I could remember exactly when we got them but I do know it was before May, so not a broiler. And they were in the same batch that had the amberlinks. We got one of them ( I'm sure because my daughter named her Amber! Lol) I wonder if I popped in the mill one day if they might remember? Now that I'm thinking of it, thsts probably the smart thing to do. No wonder it took me a while to think of it!
1f60b.png

Wow! Thanks for all the suggestions! I'm sorry I've not been back on to respond sooner. It's been CRAZY around here. I still haven't managed to snap some pics but the birds in question are marked just like the Delaware in that last photo posted by broodymama2 but they have the small peacombs like the Sussex. They also have very yellow feet and aren't as filled out yet.
Also big shout out to Poultryqueen101. Your list was very helpful. We are just down the road (so to speak) in Jersy! I wish I could remember exactly when we got them but I do know it was before May, so not a broiler. And they were in the same batch that had the amberlinks. We got one of them ( I'm sure because my daughter named her Amber! Lol) I wonder if I popped in the mill one day if they might remember? Now that I'm thinking of it, thsts probably the smart thing to do. No wonder it took me a while to think of it!
1f60b.png

Back
Top Bottom