OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

I've been spraying with medicated spray we tried the glue trick but it's to far out and she won't let us touch it on the one side my main concern now is that she is not eating

Hi! I live in pickaway County was wondering if anyone close by knew how to tend to a chickens beak break properly?

I looked at the pictures you posted and wondered if it's more then halfway through? I read a story on here about "Fluffy Bum" She lost almost her entire beak and learned to eat again. I'm wondering about the damage to your girls beak because I wonder if it will fall off. That sounds terrible but it looks like the damage is far enough away from her head that her beak could regrow. Only time will tell.

I do agree with soft foods. Even some scrambled eggs would be good. If not you may have to go with tube feeding till her beak heals a little more.

Thanks for all the help Thankfully she's eating again so now I just hope she doesn't get to lonely until I can put her back with the other hens and it was about half way up on the one side down to the front but that piece came off so I'm still medicating it

All,
I am posting here, after posting in the Meat group, and a couple people suggested the Ohio group post....

I am looking to find a processor for Ducks in Ohio preferably in Northwest Ohio region.

I have contacted the local extension offices, 3 different butchers, and 2 different chicken processors. All tell me not much demand so they have never developed that part of the business.

We have 6 ducks (Khaki Campbells) the kids raised as 4H projects but no way to take them to that final step.

Thanks
Chris

Missing chicken when I got home from work this afternoon. Just gone without a trace. They are only 6 week old pullets whose coop is in a topless 12 x 15 fenced area.
It's been raining most of the day and they could come and go from the coop. Lots of stuff to hide under. I would think there'd be some trace if there was an attack. The others don't seem traumatized at all. She was my favorite and I'm heartbroken.
1f622.png

Missing chicken when I got home from work this afternoon. Just gone without a trace. They are only 6 week old pullets whose coop is in a topless 12 x 15 fenced area.
It's been raining most of the day and they could come and go from the coop. Lots of stuff to hide under. I would think there'd be some trace if there was an attack. The others don't seem traumatized at all. She was my favorite and I'm heartbroken.
1f622.png

Could been an aerial predators, last year my new layer Rhode Island pullet disappeared w/o a trace except an egg on the lawn 75 ft from the coop when she accidentally got out of the run.

Back
Top Bottom