OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Not quite sure honestly. I called around to different places and no one has any chicks for sale, so I'm thinking of going to rural king and looking there. I really wanted australorps, but doubt they'll have any :(
They do carry Australorp at Rural King in Lebanon Ohio but this time of year don't usually have much. They may order em for ya.

Oh thank you!! Didn't even think about them possibly being sold out!! I will definitely call!!
Not sure where in Brown county you are but there's a Rural King in Maysville, Ky that is probably closer than Lebanon. I think they're opening a new one in Batavia or Eastgate area...not sure if it's open yet or not

I need crazy chicken people, right now! xD

I have posted some notices (a 'found' post and rehoming ones) and no responses yet. I have a few more places I can advertise her, although I plan to hold her until the weekend just in case someone is missing her.

If I can figure out a way to build a coop cheaply, I might be able to persuade my husband to let me keep her. But I'm not holding out hope since I have so little time to build.
Our first coop was made of an old captains bed...cost nothing but hardware cloth and time. My ducks currently have a pallet coop...most businesses will give pallets away or you can find them pretty cheap. Also search Craigslist for free scrap building materials...online you can find tons of repurposed furniture and recycled coop ideas. I still use the old coop for brooder or if need to separate anyone

Hi everyone! I am looking to buy some hatching eggs. Would love some frizzles of most any breed but otherwise I am looking for: Cochin, would prefer calico over anything else. Orpington: Lavender. And any green/blue layers mutt chickies in these are fine I just enjoy having some fun colored eggs. Willing to drive anywhere south of Columbus as I am from Cincinnati. Not opposed to shipped eggs if you are outside my driving range. Thanks!

Hi everyone! I am looking to buy some hatching eggs. Would love some frizzles of most any breed but otherwise I am looking for: Cochin, would prefer calico over anything else. Orpington: Lavender. And any green/blue layers mutt chickies in these are fine I just enjoy having some fun colored eggs. Willing to drive anywhere south of Columbus as I am from Cincinnati. Not opposed to shipped eggs if you are outside my driving range. Thanks!

You can check out http://www.cedarcrestfarmandfeed.com/cedar-crest-farm-chicken-breeds.htm

She's had frizzles before so it's worth asking. Very nice lady with lovely birds. You'd have to ask about shipping too. She's close enough I can drive there so I've never had ask.:)

I could help with lav orps if my girls were laying better. :(
I also have a blue frizzle bantam cochin hen with a blue mottled rooster, I hatched 3 splash frizzles and a broody hatched 4 chicks last weekend. But the hen has quit laying too.

@Laurel Meadows has some gorgeous calicos. If she doesn't check in here soon, I'll find her website for you, Laurel Meadows Farm, I believe.

Not sure if I'm going to make the Nationals this weekend. I'm expecting a grandbaby tomorrow!

I could help with lav orps if my girls were laying better. :(
I also have a blue frizzle bantam cochin hen with a blue mottled rooster, I hatched 3 splash frizzles and a broody hatched 4 chicks last weekend. But the hen has quit laying too.

@Laurel Meadows has some gorgeous calicos. If she doesn't check in here soon, I'll find her website for you, Laurel Meadows Farm, I believe.

Not sure if I'm going to make the Nationals this weekend. I'm expecting a grandbaby tomorrow!

I actually am getting some calico eggs from Laurel Meadows! In the mail right now! It seems to be that time of year a couple people I have asked have had their hens slow down or stop. I might reach out to you in the spring about some Lavender Orps. My husband really likes their looks.

Back
Top Bottom