OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

I live in Vandalia, OH . . .in Montgomery County. We are just north of Dayton. Just wanting to see how many Ohioians are chicken "farmers".
big_smile.png
Hey fellow Buckeyes and chicken farmers! We live in North Central Ohio between Fredericktown and Bellville, home to nine chickens (four 16 months old and five 9-1/2 weeks old), three Siberian Huskies, and two porch (stray) kitties!

Warning, y'all. If you use a vet for your poultry, I would NOT recommend Sunbury Vet Clinic in Sunbury, Ohio!! We've had two bad experiences with that vet, the first one years ago when he (apparently) broke our hen's leg trying to fix her dislocated hip, and then lied about it;. And most recently when he had no idea what he was doing with our very sick peacock. He has no relationship with poultry at all, is obviously uncomfortable handling them, called our bird "stupid", was 20 minutes late to the appointment, wasted a lot of time running back and forth, and said he did not know what Blackhead disease was (histomonosis); (and he's a bird vet???) was not familiar with some commonly used dewormers or other common poultry diseases,and on and on. He wasted so much time and contributed so much stress that we are sure he was a big contributor to our peacock dying there before anything could be done. Although he started to do what any vet should do when trying to save an animal's life, he was obviously very unsure of himself, and of what he should be doing. What a bozo. Never going back there again.

Warning, y'all. If you use a vet for your poultry, I would NOT recommend Sunbury Vet Clinic in Sunbury, Ohio!! We've had two bad experiences with that vet, the first one years ago when he (apparently) broke our hen's leg trying to fix her dislocated hip, and then lied about it;. And most recently when he had no idea what he was doing with our very sick peacock. He has no relationship with poultry at all, is obviously uncomfortable handling them, called our bird "stupid", was 20 minutes late to the appointment, wasted a lot of time running back and forth, and said he did not know what Blackhead disease was (histomonosis); (and he's a bird vet???) was not familiar with some commonly used dewormers or other common poultry diseases,and on and on. He wasted so much time and contributed so much stress that we are sure he was a big contributor to our peacock dying there before anything could be done. Although he started to do what any vet should do when trying to save an animal's life, he was obviously very unsure of himself, and of what he should be doing. What a bozo. Never going back there again.
Thanks! That is good info to know! :)

My flock of 10 is a mixed flock as well. I would say i have them for eggs as well but at 15 weeks no one is laying yet :-(
I love watching them run around the yard and play. It is way more relaxing than i ever thought it would be!

They are accompanied here by the chicken whisperer. She is almost 5 and loves them sooo much!

Back
Top Bottom